Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wf0000 (755G1AV)

Hello, 

Recently I've noticed that my Laptop crashes at certain times (always when gaming) almost 10 to 20 minutes after starting a game. 

Viewing the Event viewer I've noticed that there are multiple Event 17, WHEA-Logger warnings which will run up into the thousands. 

I've read into multiple forums on how to resolve this issue and multiple stated to make a custom performance powerplan, Which I did. 
Then the issue seems to have resolved itself until today, where my laptop crashed twice, all while trying to play a game. 

I've had about 10.000 Event 17 Warning messages in the system tab of event viewer between the time of 05:35 PM and 05:38 PM (on the same day)

Now, I don't know if it's a hardware issue, since Primary Device name: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7A44&SUBSYS_8BAB103C&REV_11 in the Error message can be linked to the Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #21 - 7A44. Or that is it as simple as an adjustment to the BIOS. 

I don't know what to do anymore and refrain from playing games on the laptop since I do not know if to continue playing games will damage the hardware integrity of the device

Hoping someone here will have a working solution for this problem

The general error is listed below: 

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1B:0x4
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7A44&SUBSYS_8BAB103C&REV_11
Secondary Device Name:

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my omen gaming laptop 16-wf0008ne that I bought it last month when I shut down it comes a blue screen with stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in event viewer shows Multiple Event 17, WHEA-Logger so I send it to the warranty they replaced the laptop with a new one first week normal no blue screens and now it's happening again I think missing chipset drivers may solve the problem

HP Recommended

I have the 16-wf0876no (872Y9EA) with W11 Home 23h2 and latest bios but  i'm also getting the same error logs constantly. I Upgrade to W11 Pro but still getting them. 

HP Recommended

I could find the hardware causing the error. It's the Network card Realtek gaming gbe family controller. When i disabled it the warning no longer appear. I tried to upgrade to a newer driver, but the latest seems to be from 2023-11-21

The drivers for the laptop can be downloaded from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/omen-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-wf0000/model/210157212... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.