Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 9840m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop is currently imaged with Windows 10 - 64bit with UEFI enabled. The SSD is formatted in GPT format. I want to now enable secure boot, but when I do, I get a message saying "Selected Boot Image did not Authenticate". I thought that if my SSD was formatted in GPT, and UEFI was already turned on I could enable secure boot. I know I can't if it's formatted with MBR or Legacy is still turned on.

Any reason why I can't do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FYI, the fix for this was to update the BIOS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums.

please find more info about MBR/GPT and BIOS/UEFI

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Some_basics_of_MBR_v/s_GPT_and_BIOS_v/s_UEFI

KInd regards,

Kiko

I am an HP employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Thanks Kiko, but that doesn't really answer my question regarding the specific issue I'm having. Any other suggestions why this is happening? I'm able to turn on secure boot on other machines without this error.

HP Recommended

This is also now happening with an HP ProBook 6570b. Any idea why only certain models experience this issue?

HP Recommended

FYI, the fix for this was to update the BIOS.

HP Recommended
My pc has Windows 10 to laptop it says selected boot image not authentication. Press enter is press enter and it turns off the whole laptop
HP Recommended

What model laptop? Did you update the BIOS?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.