Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1036nr
Microsoft Windows 11

Had to do a system restore after trying to do latest windows 11 update, now computer is stuck on (system restore is restoring the registry). Any suggestions would help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kingpin300800
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that your HP Notebook 15-Dy1036nr is stuck on "system restore is restoring the registry" during system restore.

When using System Restore where there is a "System Restore is restoring registry", you can enter into the Advanced Startup Options and execute System Restore to the last errorless point.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below to perform system restore.
1. Press the power button several times until the screen boots to the Advanced Startup Options.
2. You will see a blue-color interface. Click on the "Advanced options" tab.
3. Choose the "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option,"; Then click "Advanced options".
4. Then, you can see several options on the interface. Choose "System Restore". 
5. Type your Windows account and password, then click "Continue".
6. Choose a restore point and click "Next". Then after confirming your restore point, that has been finished.

Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.