Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0277ng
Microsoft Windows 11

Upon upgrading to Windows 11, I constantly faced BSOD issues that included KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, HYPERVISOR_ERROR, IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE all within a few hours.
I saw that drivers for the OMEN 15-en0000 Laptop PC Series are only supported up to Windows 10 on the HP Website. But why does Windows recommend upgrading to Windows 11 then? Apart from that I have a desktop PC, which processor was not even fit for Windows 11, yet still handles the OS perfectly. I think all the BSOD direct towards incompatible drivers, especially since on Windows 10 the Laptop seems to run just fine, but I don't know how to resolve that. I tried manually uninstalling the Graphics Drivers with the DDU Utility and then installing the most current drivers for AMD and NVIDIA, but that did not resolve the problem. Am I missing something?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

With the possible exception of that hypervisor error, all those problems are related and due to driver incompatibility with win11.  

Have you run diagnostics?  Tap the ESC key after powering on and run at least one pass through memory and disk diagnostics. If you do not have diagnostics get UEFI diagnostic here.  There may be a more recent bios for your system but I advise against installing it in window 11 while you have problems.

Your desktop probably does not have Wi-Fi or may have a different Wi-Fi adapter.  I am guessing the problem is the Wi-Fi driver.  I tried to find your specs and none were listed for your laptop. .

According to your software driver listings, you have either Intel or Realtek Wi-Fi and some Realtek Wi-Fi have problems in Windows 11.

Please run the following command from the windows command prompt "netsh wlan show driver" and post what it shows like I did here.

BeemerBiker_0-1704291271536.png

Also, could you post the bios version you currently have and provide the Product ID including the characters after the # symbol.

Thanks.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi,
thanks for your quick response, should I run these memory checks on Windows 11? I already rolled back to Windows 10 as I can't work on a system that crashes every few minutes.
My Laptop does have a wifi adapter and it does indeed run with a Realtek Driver.

Ray2310_0-1704297061655.png

Bios Version: F.16

Product ID:187Q4EA#ABD

HP Recommended

Microsoft has a "store" of Realtek drivers here for the Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Realtek+8822CE+Wireless+LAN+

The win11 driver should be fine in window 10

Is something goes really wrong, you can do a factory restore using your product key with a 32gb flash

BeemerBiker_0-1704298770307.png

Your F16 bios is not listed in the bios history which is suspicious and suggests it is a bad idea to upgrade.  The web page request that the release info be read but when I downloaded F.21 there was no release info.

If you windows 10 version is 21h2 then download the 10 or 11 as they seem to be the same.

I do not know if this will fix the window 11 problem since you reverted to 10

The HP expert @Paul_Tikkanen might know of a better Realtek driver that is HP approved.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi, @Ray2310 

The driver in your screenshot is ancient history.

I'd go with the newest W11 Realtek Wi-Fi driver from the Microsoft Update catalog (3rd one on the list).

There's a trick to installing those cabinet file drivers.

I don't know if there is an easier way to install the drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog, but this is what I have done for years...

Download and install the free 7-Zip file utility from the link below.  The first file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

Download (7-zip.org)

After you install 7-Zip, right click on that driver cabinet file you downloaded.

Select 7-zip from the list of items on the menu (on W11, you have to select 'More options').

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into that long file name folder.

Ignore any errors generated.

Now to install the driver, go to the device manager.

Click to expand the Network adapters device manager category.

Click on the Realtek Wi-Fi adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder that 7-zip created.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the notebook.

The latest HP driver for that model Wi-Fi adapter is this one:

2024.10.228.7   09/14/2023

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp149501-150000/sp149656.exe 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for helping out so far!
The factory reset is only in case I brick my system though, right? 😄
I actually updated the BIOS myself a while ago, but I honestly do not know anymore, where I got the information from that it should work for my laptop. However, I never had problems with it so far, so I suppose it does not really matter?

I currently have Windows 10 22H2 installed and working well.

So just to confirm, I should install a newer driver for the Wireless LAN and then upgrade to Windows 11 again? (It just sounds crazy to me that one simple driver causes this much trouble xD) For learning purpose, how did you suspect this driver?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the detailed instructions. Do you recommend rather going with the latest one by HP or with the suggested one from the Microsoft Update Catalog though? To me it seems that 2024.10.228.7 would be a more recent version than 2024.10.139.1, but it says that 2024.10.139.1 was upgraded last 9/27/2023 while 2024.10.228.7 is dated 09/14/2023.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It seems to me that Realtek has released an entirely new driver series that doesn't relate to the progression of the 10.22x.x.

What you can do is to update to the latest HP driver I posted and if that doesn't help any, then try out the Windows Update Catalog driver that Realtek released to Microsoft.

Microsoft usually gets these driver updates before they are released to the PC manufacturers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.