Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I would like to install Windows XP on this unit (Currently running Vista) but can't seem to find drivers for the WiFi card, Sound card, or video card...

I have contacted HP support thru online chat and they gave me links to download drivers, but none of them worked...

One was for Vista and the other 2 were not even correct for my system...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Drivers for Your model:

Chipset here (First install this and reboot)

Nvidia Graphic 7150M here

MS-UAA (required with a reboot before Audio driver) here

Conexant HD Audio here

How to install it:

Unzip to a folder of your choice - remember where - then go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
Look down the list for "Audio Device on HD Bus", right click on it and select "update driver"
When it asks to go on line to find a driver - NO
Select "Install from a list or specific location"
and
"Don't search I will choose the driver to install"
In the list of common hardware types, scroll down and select Sound, Video, and Game controllers.
Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".
Next...browse to the Driver Folder you unzipped and click on "WiSVHe5.inf" file. Ignore XPs complaint and select "Install Anyway"

Conexant HD AUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Driver here

Broadcom Wireless here

or

Atheros Wireless here

.Net Framework(required before HP Quick Launch Buttons) here

HP Quick Launch Buttons here

Ricoh 5-in-1 card reader here

Synaptics Touchpad here

Cyberlink YouCam Software here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

First make Vista backup. Here You've got all informations how to do it.

Update Your Bios to the latest version from here.

How to do it?

Plug You ac adapter to the computer.

Disconnect from the internet. Switch off any antivirus and firewalls.

Start updating Bios. It may take some time. Don't switch off Your laptop, don't disconnect ac and don't do anything on it when this update is running. 

Now You need to slipstream Your Sata drivers (only x86 drivers) win nLite.

Here is guide how to do it and here are AMD SATA AHCI Controller for You. Just unrar this drivers with winrar.

Be sure also that You are using WinXP SP2 version. If you haven't got SP2 version here you can download this service pack

and here You have got guide how to slipstream this file with Your system again by nLite.

In this program You can even burn Your new XP cd with this driver.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 06-10-2009 09:58 PM

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Drivers for Your model:

Chipset here (First install this and reboot)

Nvidia Graphic 7150M here

MS-UAA (required with a reboot before Audio driver) here

Conexant HD Audio here

How to install it:

Unzip to a folder of your choice - remember where - then go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
Look down the list for "Audio Device on HD Bus", right click on it and select "update driver"
When it asks to go on line to find a driver - NO
Select "Install from a list or specific location"
and
"Don't search I will choose the driver to install"
In the list of common hardware types, scroll down and select Sound, Video, and Game controllers.
Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".
Next...browse to the Driver Folder you unzipped and click on "WiSVHe5.inf" file. Ignore XPs complaint and select "Install Anyway"

Conexant HD AUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Driver here

Broadcom Wireless here

or

Atheros Wireless here

.Net Framework(required before HP Quick Launch Buttons) here

HP Quick Launch Buttons here

Ricoh 5-in-1 card reader here

Synaptics Touchpad here

Cyberlink YouCam Software here

HP Recommended

How to install QuickPlay in XP informations here

Update to the final version of QPW for XP here

HP Recommended

Much thanks for the info!!

One more question...

After I install XP, do I need to first do the Windows Updates or first install the drivers provided from the links you

gave me?

HP Recommended
First install all drivers. When all will be ok then You may lunch windows update.

HP Recommended

I got everything working except for the following:

During installation the Nvidia 7150m driver program says it cannot find a driver

that matches or is compatible with the hardware.....

The IEEE 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller in Device Manager does not

have a driver loaded...

Thanks!

HP Recommended

This is an other example of unexperience suggestion has been given to newcomers of this forum.

@Daniel,

Please give a list of drivers that ONLY has been tested by your own experience!

If it was not tested, please make your statements.

Do NOT be the GUY who KNOW everythings!

@jdbjax

IEEE 1394 driver problem is a known problem for dv x5xx models, I have the answer, however, I feel my partner Cheryl G, know better than me.

Please wait for her post.

Please take extra cautions for BIOS update.

Message Edited by Rakhmad on 06-11-2009 05:22 PM
______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Try this driver for Your graphic here.

They are made for HP/Compaq so they should work for You.

@ Rakhmad

It was tested by my own experience because I've got two similarly models like this one and also reports for users then everything is fine. I know also what can fix this but I will wait for Cheryl reply because I understand that You send her PM. 

This time I wait for apologize from You. Last days You scream to much.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 06-11-2009 03:43 PM

HP Recommended

If the above Nvidia Graphics doesn't work, try this driver which has been used on numerous downgrades with 7150M graphics:

http://download.softpedia.ro/dl/0d7936b63139f9a7a677d7020657e2d0/4a317e86/300040288/drivers/VIDEO/15...

Usually a BIOS downgrade to F.25 or F.26 is required to enable 1394.However this is not advised if you have Atheros or newer Broadcom 4322AGN 802.11a/b/g/draft-n WiFi Adapter since only later BIOS support them. If you downgrade BIOS and get an error on startup about wireless not supported,you will have to remove wireless adapter to boot_then reflash to newer BIOS before reinstalling wireless.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/previousVersions?softwareitem=ob-69499-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&produ...

Safer option if you aren't sure which Wireless Adapter you have_use Windows Update, choose Custom Scan ,then check left sidebar for possible driver.

OR _try this driver:

http://rapidshare.com/files/145598412/Firewire_1.zip.html

Message Edited by CherylG on 06-11-2009 07:04 PM

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.