Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My Hp stream laptop wont start up I clicked the "Click here if you want to recycle the computer" and it wont start up again 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KY354354,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

It sounds like you might have initiated a factory reset or a system recovery process on your HP Stream laptop, which could have resulted in the current startup issue. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this problem:

Step 1: Perform a Hard Reset

1. Turn off the laptop completely if it's not already off.
  2. Disconnect all external devices (USB drives, printers, etc.).
  3. Unplug the power adapter.
  4. Remove the battery (if it's removable).
  5. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds to discharge any residual power.
  6. Reconnect the battery and power adapter.
  7. Try turning on the laptop.

Step 2: Boot into Recovery Mode

1. Turn on the laptop and immediately start pressing the F11 key repeatedly.
  2. This should take you to the HP Recovery Manager.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to attempt a system recovery or reset.

Step 3: Use a Windows Recovery USB

If you have a Windows 10 or 11 recovery USB, you can use it to repair or reinstall the operating system.

1. Insert the recovery USB into a USB port.
  2. Turn on the laptop and immediately start pressing the F9 key to open the Boot Device Options menu.
  3. Select the USB drive from the list and press Enter.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to repair or reinstall Windows.

Performing a factory reset or system recovery can result in data loss. If you have important data on the laptop.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.