Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an Elitebook 840 G6

Windows prompted me to install the Windows update yesterday

HP Inc - R70 - 1.26.0.0

I installed the update and restarted when prompted, and now every time I reboot it says

Please wait while we install a system update

after a lot of research I downloaded the R70 firmware from HP labeled 1.25.0.0
( the latest version listed on the HP website )

and installed it last night

the bootup message went away.

1 hour ago today,
windows update prompted me to restart to finish installing 
HP Inc - R70 - 1.26.0.0
It automatically installed it.

I restarted and now the boot up message is back
Please wait while we install a system update

so, it appears Microsofts HP INc - R70 - 1.26.0.0 has a problem fully installing

but

HP only currently has the R70 - 1.25.0.0 listed on the HP website.

there is some type of disconnect or error in the version being sent to and distributed by Microsoft windows update
that causes a problem with the newer version being fully installed on my elitebook

I'm guessing i just have to live with the boot message until I can get the R70 1.26.0.0 version from HP

just weird & disconcerting  that HP is sending a newer version to Microsoft before it is available on HP's website.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have the same Problem with WIndwos 11 23H2:

Message found in the Device Manager Console: 

Version des letzten Versuchs: 12600
Datum des letzten Versuchs: 26.11.2023 14:35:57
Status des letzten Versuchs: 0xC000009A

Fehler beim Firmware-Update aufgrund unzureichender Systemressourcen.

HP Recommended

The problem occur to me too on my HP Elite X2 G4.;on November 27, 2023, Windows Ipdate (Windows 11 23(2) prompted me to download and install HP Firmware 1.26.0.0. 

I downloaded and reboot. However, the firmware do not get installed correctly. Every time, when I reboot my system, it will stated that your system is being updated momentarily. After completed reboot, there will be a notification stated that reboot is required to install HP Firmware R91.

when I visit HP driver download site, there is no BIOs version 1.26.0.0 available. The latest is 1.25.0 for Windows 11 22H2

where on Earth I can download BIOS version 1.26.0.0 for Windows 11 23 H2?

help,please

HP Recommended

I have checked both windows update ca5alog and HP drivers and download site for HP Firmware 1.26.0.0;for HP Elite C2 G4, the file is not available a5 both locations

may be I have to wait until HP upload the BIOS 1.26.0.0 onto the drivers and download website

HP should do better than this in releasing update for the system. So bad

HP Recommended

It happen to me too on my HP Elite X2 G4 running Windows 11 23H2. It’s exactly the same problem that you reported. For me it’s HP Firmware 1.26.0.0 R91.

what I do is reverted my system using my full system. Backup (backed up by EaseUS Todo Backup) to before I download and installl the HP Firmware update 1.26.00. The update still show up in Windows Updates - advanced Setting, but u do noe check and install it.

this BIOs version 1.26.0.0 is not available both on Windows Catalog and HP drivers download site. Only 1.25.0.0 available.

this is really a mess. I will wait until HP post the update on the drivers download site.

HP Recommended

SOLUTION: Shutdown your system (right click on windows icon --> shutdown WHILE PRESSING SHIFT Key!!!

This will reset something on the Update process and the message will not show up again.

Worked at my computer and solved the problem (remark: HP Firmware is still R70 Rel 1.25)

HP Recommended

seem this steps have to done for each user account on the computer. I have several but doing theses steps for each solve the problem again for this account.

HP Recommended

It does not work on my HP Elite X2 G4. Pressing Shift while clicking shutdown. The message we are updating your system when restart still show up and after boot, prompt to restart still show up as well.

if I press shift and restart, the system take me to boot menu.

i think Windows Update mess up HP Firmware 1.26.0.0. I found one in Windows Catalog but it dated back to 2018 for other system. I think windows update see this and think i5 is 1.26.9.0 for newer HP system and show update available. It won’t install anyhow because it is different BIOS from the newer system.This problem will affect any HP system with BIOS version 1.25.00 (which is R70 and R91) Hope Windows Update and Microsoft or HP will sort this mess soon

I have to revert to the prior backup using EaseUS todo backup. I have to spend another 4 hours recover my system.

Thank any how but it won’t work

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem...

I have two HP 840 G6 laptops. One downloaded and installed the 1.26 BIOS successfully. The other downloaded it, keeps telling me a restart is needed to install it, but it doesn't install. No idea what's going on.

I can't find any mention of the 1.26 BIOS anywhere!

How can we escalate this to HP?

HP Recommended

HP BIOS and System Firmware (R70)  1.26 is now available for download on the HP support site.  HP elitebook 830 G6...

Remember to suspend Bitlocker if you're using it for encryption before running the firmware update install. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.