Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (172Z8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey everyone!

So my laptop has been behaving strangely. It is lagging like hell. Everything has become slow. Earlier , my screen was flickering and it used to close all programmes all of a sudden. I have run the anti-virus and hp uefi diagnostic scans .. there is nothing wrong according to them.  From Google Chrome to everything ,  its very slow. Moreover , the laptop is just 2-3 years old.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Best Regards!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Ahsan112,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with your HP Pavilion laptop. Slow performance and screen flickering can definitely be indicators of underlying problems. Since you've already run antivirus and diagnostic scans without finding anything, there are a few other steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check for Software Updates: Make sure all your software, including Windows, drivers, and applications, are up to date. Sometimes outdated software can cause performance issues.
  • Task Manager: Open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and check if any particular process is consuming a lot of CPU, memory, or disk usage. This could indicate a runaway process that's causing the slowdown.
  • Disk Cleanup: Run the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to remove temporary files and free up disk space. Sometimes a cluttered disk can slow down the system.
  • Disable Startup Programs: Too many programs launching at startup can slow down your computer. Use Task Manager to disable unnecessary startup programs.
  • Check for Overheating: Overheating can cause performance issues and screen flickering. Make sure your laptop vents are clear of dust and debris, and consider using a laptop cooling pad if necessary.
  • Hardware Check: While the HP UEFI diagnostic scans didn't find anything, you might want to perform a more thorough hardware check, especially focusing on the hard drive and RAM.
  • Reset or Refresh Windows: If none of the above steps help, you could consider resetting or refreshing Windows. This will reinstall Windows while keeping your personal files intact, which can often resolve performance issues.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the issues you're experiencing with your laptop!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Warm Regards , sir!

I am grateful to you for your time.

I have tried your above-mentioned methods except the last one (resetting windows) and until now I'm unable to restore my PC health. 

Neither is my laptop over heating and neither are there any start-up programmes running. Furthermore , I have run every diagnostic test and it shows no issue. Task manager also doesn't depict any extreme load. I have also tried repairing windows through the settings but it didn't help as well.

I am a bit hesitant to rest everything as I have a lot of files on my laptop. Do you think resetting it the only last option left? I would be very grateful to you  for your reply!

Take care!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.