Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy-17-K112nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For several months I have the following problem: I shut down the computer by "shut down the system". The PC shuts down (black screen) but the power button (mechanical) remains with the light on. Then I hold it down and it goes out.
Something remains active because when turned off it discharges the laptop battery.
What can I do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Aldo551 

Looks like your PC cannot shut down properly. Try these steps as a beginning (if they don't help, I have other suggestions):

Check Device Manager

1. Click on the Windows Start button, type and then open Device Manager
2. Locate System devices and expand the trail

111.png

3. Locate and right click on "Intel (R) Management Engine Interface" then select Properties
4. Select Power management tap
5. And uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
6. Save it and close it.

Turn off Fast Startup

• Click on Start button
  • Type control.exe and Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does
  • Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable" and Uncheck "Turn on Fast Startup"
  • Make sure you press "Save changes" button

222.png

Try updating the BIOS

Looking forward to your reply - let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Aldo551 

Looks like your PC cannot shut down properly. Try these steps as a beginning (if they don't help, I have other suggestions):

Check Device Manager

1. Click on the Windows Start button, type and then open Device Manager
2. Locate System devices and expand the trail

111.png

3. Locate and right click on "Intel (R) Management Engine Interface" then select Properties
4. Select Power management tap
5. And uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
6. Save it and close it.

Turn off Fast Startup

• Click on Start button
  • Type control.exe and Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does
  • Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable" and Uncheck "Turn on Fast Startup"
  • Make sure you press "Save changes" button

222.png

Try updating the BIOS

Looking forward to your reply - let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

TI ringrazio moltissimo. Per adesso sembra funzionare. Proverò nei prossimi giorni perché il problema si presentava soltanto in alcune situazioni.

HP Recommended

Grazie di nuovo. Confermo che la soluzione da te indicata funziona perfettamente  😃😄

HP Recommended

Translation of user's words in English (using Google Translate) :

Thank You very much. For now it seems to be working. I will try in the coming days because the problem arose only in some situations.
(...)
Thanks again. I confirm that the solution you have indicated works perfectly

HP Recommended

Prego, @Aldo551 

You are most welcome, @Aldo551 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.