Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T53AV)

have a nice day. I am using an HP Victus model laptop with an AMD processor. When I install the latest updates released by AMD, the computer restarts and I get a black screen error. I get the same error, black screen, in all Adrenalin 24.1, 24.2, 24.3 versions. I have to delete all the drivers and go back to the old driver again. After 23.12, the black screen disappears. Is this a hardware problem for Victus or a software problem? How can I solve this? AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS and Radeon 780M Graphics Card.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @rivasoltarim,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

It's possible that the black screen issue you're experiencing is related to the AMD driver updates rather than a hardware problem. Here are a few steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

Rollback to Previous Driver Version: If you can access the desktop, try rolling back to a previous version of the AMD driver that was stable. You can do this through the Device Manager. Right-click on the AMD display adapter, select "Properties," go to the "Driver" tab, and choose "Roll Back Driver" if the option is available.

Boot into Safe Mode: If you're unable to access the desktop due to the black screen, you can try booting into Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, uninstall the AMD driver completely using the Device Manager. Restart the laptop and see if it boots up normally.

Use AMD Cleanup Utility: Download and run the AMD Cleanup Utility to completely remove any remnants of the AMD driver from your system. After running the utility, restart your laptop and then try installing the AMD driver again.

Check for BIOS Update: Ensure that your laptop's BIOS is up to date. Sometimes, BIOS updates can improve compatibility with newer drivers.

Contact HP Support: If the issue persists, consider contacting HP support or AMD support for further assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or driver versions that are known to work well with your laptop model.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.