Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Firefly 14 inch G10 A Mobile Workstation PC (752N3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello support,

I am trying to download and install my FireFly updates via HP Support Assistant, but stuck:

tomasmark79_0-1713158896520.png

I have no VPN active but openvpn installed, no hyper-v active but turned on.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tomasmark79 

Welcome to the HP Community --

True

• When you are not getting the result you expect, VPN of any kind should be turned off.

• The HP Support Assistant, though not necessary for this nice Workstation, generally works better if it is at the latest version of the app.  Reference:  HP Support Assistant

What else?

Your Business class Workstation is supported in the HP Image Assistant software.

• "Almost" Plug and Play, the HPIA update software is more robust than is the consumer grade HPSA.
  • HPIA is able to handle multiple package installations - including the fussy and delicate BIOS update.

Do switch OFF your VPN, at least to test >> VPN can block the necessary connections to HPIA.

References / Resources

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows) 

Excerpted

Note:

If you are looking for a tool to download software updates for an HP business PC, go to HP PCs - Using HP Image Assistant.

Business Class / Commercial Systems – Software / Update Management Solutions

Business Systems - Client Management Solutions (software management)

Scroll down to find the link for HP Image Assistant

HP Image Assistant is an essential tool that provides assistance to IT System Administrators to improve the quality and security of their HP PCs running Microsoft Windows by analyzing, identifying problems, and recommending solutions.

HP Image Assistant can be downloaded at the HP Manageability website.

HP Image Assistant (HPIA)

From the Image Assistant Web page:

HPIA User Guide

HPIA Supported Platforms

Example - Older HPIA version

HPIA_V5.1.3_Download-Install_1HPIA_V5.1.3_Download-Install_1

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, Security & Viruses, Software & Drivers, Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Accounts and Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open

HP ZBook Firefly 14 inch G10 A Mobile Workstation PC (752N3AV)  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for effort how to solve my issue with the workaround.

I solved the connection that I turned ON VPN and the connection was successful. It seem that the issue is in the HP Application that is not able to detect correct ethernet adapter.

HP Recommended

@tomasmark79 

You are welcome.

HP Image Assistant is recommended for supported business class systems.

HPIA would likely suffer the same connection limitations as does other analysis and update software.

If you have any issues with HP Support Assistant, consider switching later.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.