Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1012 G2 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 11

I LOST THE RAID PARTITION ALSO UNABLE TO FIND IT IN THE BIOS MENU ON MY TABLET I NEED HELP INSTALLING IT BACK AGAIN, THE SSD WAS FORMATTED AND I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE RAID RECOVERY SEQUENCE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am not sure what the problem is.  Can you boot into windows?

What caused the problem in the first place?
Power glitch? Upgrade to windows 11?
Microsoft or HP update? Add a new device, memory, etc?
Have you run diagnostics?
Tap the ESC key after powering on to run diagnostics.
Do not allow any updates if disk or memory fail, especially a BIOS update.

Please provide the Product ID or Model name for better assistance. Preferably the full product ID including the characters after the # symbol. This code may be needed to find cloud recovery files.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Product number: 2KQ77PA#ABG 

HP Recommended

the SSD was formatted, and all partitions were deleted including the RAID Partition. no Raid Partition exists on the SSD anymore.  

HP Recommended

@Alaam2 wrote:

Product number: 2KQ77PA#ABG 

BeemerBiker_0-1711290060553.png

Not good.  There is no easy cloud restore.

What caused the problem in the first place?
Power glitch? Upgrade to windows 11?
Microsoft or HP update? Add a new device, memory, etc?

Can you pass diagnostics?

What error messages do you see if you turn it on?

You mentioned it was formatted.  I assume there is no data on the SSD that you need so we can do a clean install if the SSD is good.   Is that correct?

HP Recommended

yes, SSD is good. 

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2024-03-24 214147.png

HP Recommended

That looks ok but you have three recovery partitions which is strange.  The EFI partition is only 100mb.  That is less than half the size it should be but I am not an expert on HP partition requirements.   I believe the BIOS backup files are stored in the the EFI partition but I do not recommend any BIOS backup unless the system is still under warranty.  It is not necessary to have bios backups on the drive and bios backups are always available for download from HP.

I am not aware of any RAID partition allocated in the SSD of a laptop.   How do you know you are missing  a RAID partition?

Those extra partitions are very small and can be left there if the system is working.

You can download and run the cloud recovery client

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp150501-151000/sp150676.exe

possibly this can create a USB boot drive that can restore your laptop to factory conditions.  Probably windows 10 instead of 11.  One should always upgrade from 10 to 11 and not do a "clean" install from boot USB..

If this works let me know as I do not have access to any laptops using "cloud recovery client".  My HP laptops is gaming, not business and the business system use that "client"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.