Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I haven't.  When the replacement one did the same thing, the response I got was that they wanted to troubleshoot.  AGAIN.

HP Recommended

I'm still getting the keyboard shut downs, and now I've been having an issue where the entire computer will freeze and need to be rebooted occasionally upon the charger being plugged in. The last HP laptop I had that was $400 cheaper didn't have an issue the several years I owned it, at least until the hinges fell apart due to what the Best Buy guy said is a known manufacturer flaw that inevitably leads to that. Unless they do something to address the problems we're having, this is probably my last HP laptop.

HP Recommended

Oh I hope mine doesn't start freezing.....  Either way, this is probably my last HP laptop.

HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

Has anyone resolved this issue. I am getting the same issues.

Thankyou

HP Recommended

Nope.  This brand new replacement laptop has already had the keyboard fail twice, and I can't get my case representative to call me back or respond to my emails.

HP Recommended

The keyboard on my replacement failed yesterday and today, and the customer service rep in charge of my case refuses to respond to my emails or take my calls.

HP Recommended

Yeah it`s very frustrating. HP support have been useless for me! 

HP Recommended

Having the exact same issue, trigged by the up and down arrow keys sometimes. When is HP going to acknowledge this is a wide-spread issue?

HP Recommended

I've not had anyone acknowledge that this is an issue.  The replacement laptop they sent me has now frozen up every day this week so far.  When it failed last night, I was definitely using the down arrow key, but the day before, I wasn't (at least I'm 98% sure I wasn't).  Yesterday HP offered to send me ANOTHER replacement.  I said no thanks since this is an issue in this model.   HP won't acknowledge that it's an issue, though.  I'd love to know how many people have experienced this.  There is power in numbers after all.

HP Recommended

I am having this same keyboard issue and my computer is only 8 weeks old. I do not use the up/down keys much, but the keyboard will completely freeze after a short period of use. Sometimes I can get it to reboot, but sometimes it won’t boot up at all. Would this be under warranty? And would it be best to bring it back for service? All I know is it is VERY frustrating. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.