Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

my window hello for sign in is not working anyone that can help with that. thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @CJ-JOE,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're having trouble with Windows Hello, the facial recognition or biometric sign-in feature on Windows devices. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your device is up-to-date with the latest version of Windows. Sometimes, updating your system can resolve issues with Windows Hello.

Check Windows Hello Settings: Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Make sure Windows Hello is set up and that it hasn't been disabled by any recent system updates or changes in your security settings.

Update Device Drivers: Particularly, update the drivers for your webcam or biometric devices. You can do this through Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
  • Find your camera or biometric device, right-click on it, and select "Update driver".

Troubleshoot Hardware: Ensure that the camera or biometric sensor is clean and unobstructed. Sometimes, physical obstructions or dirt can cause recognition issues.

Reconfigure Windows Hello: If it's already set up but not working, try removing the setup and configuring it again. This can often resolve any glitches causing recognition problems.

Check for Software Conflicts: If you have recently installed new software, it could be interfering with Windows Hello. Consider whether any new installations could be affecting it.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.