Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 G4 Tablet with Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 11

Tpday, March 6, 2024, Windows 11 23H2 offer an update of Hp Inc. - Firmware - 1.27.0.9 in Windows Update Advanced Option.

i recalled that there had been similar update version 1.26.0.0 back in Decembe4 2023, and the update failed, causing a message updating aostware when reboot, and show that computer erequire reboot.

i have checked Hp drivers download site, and there is no BIOS version 1.27.0.0 at all.

Is it safe to update HP BIOS via Windows Update while HP site do not show the new BIOS version? Or sho7kd up I wit 7ntil HP release this BIOS update 1.27.0.0?

why HP let this problem to occur repeatedly without any proactive fix?

Fo4 now, I will not update fi4mware o4 BIOS 1.27.0.0 from Windows Updat3, for fear tha5 it will fail and cause problem when restart

when will HP release this formwar3 1.27.0.0

help nd advice please

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is a peer-to-peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP, so no one here can answer your question regarding why HP releases the BIOS updates to Windows update before posting them to the support page.

Also no one can tell you if it is safe for you to update the BIOS to vF.27 now, unless someone read this discussion that has the same model notebook as yours, has already successfully or not successfully installed the update and can report the results.

I get the same thing happening to my HP and Dell PC's. 

BIOS updates from Windows update when the update is not on the support page.

I've installed the updates both ways...by Windows update, and by waiting until the updates are posted on the support page.

Never had a problem either way.

Personally, I don't like the new method of these BIOS updates being given to us automatically, but I have to accept that as the new way of doing business, because you do not receive any release notes regarding the BIOS update like you get on the PC's support page.

What you do regarding installing the update is your decision, just as it was mine.

No doubt you will find that HP will have that BIOS update listed on your notebook's support page in a couple of weeks.

I have always found that to be the case for my HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Desktop Mini PC, and my HP envy x360-15-ee0047nr notebook.

I see that you have posted this same type of question in the past.

About Sanchai - HP Support Community

HP is not going to change the way these updates are rolled out, and other PC manufacturers are doing the same thing as I indicated with my Dell PC (Optiplex 7050) I get these updates for.

There are ways to prevent these updates from installing. 

Some PC's have a BIOS setting for that, and/or you can do other things that I am not interested in doing.

There are you tube videos out there regarding this matter.

how to disable automatic bios updates from Windows update - Search Videos (bing.com)

HP Recommended

I have tried to install BIOS update 1.26.0 via Windows Update in December 2023. The installation do not succeed properly, when I restart my HP Elite X2 G4, updating system appeared on the boot screen, then after booted, Windows 11 notified that the system needed to be restarted.

what I have to do is to restore my system using full system backup made by EaseUS Todo Backup.

Two weeks after that the BIOS is released through HP drivers and software download site. I can update my BIOs properly.

Now that BIOS 1.27.0.0 show up in Windows Update, I dare not do the update for fear that the same problem will occur again.

if there is any friends here have Elite X2 G4 and update to firmware 1.27.0.0 successfully, please let me know

i have check this firmware 1.37.0 bot on Windows Update Catalog and HP support site, firmware 1.27.0.0 is not available on both sites. So I afraid that th3 updat3 will not run properly from what offered from Windows Update. I may haveto wail until HP release this BIOS 2.37.0.0 on HP download site.

Any advice would be appreciated and thank for the answer provided here

HP Recommended

Today, March 12, 2024, HP has released Firmwre Update 1.27.0.0 for HP Elite X2 G4, runn8ng Windows 11, 23H2. I have downloaded and installed the BIOS update 1.27.0.0 without any issue.

after completed the installati9n, I open Windows Update - Advance Option, then select HP Inc. - Firmware - 1.27.0.0 to install it. Windows Update download and install the update,then show install completed.

issue solved

HP Recommended

i updated it and now i am suffering from booting problem, since that update my laptop cant restart immediately after a shutdown nor it can restart which is basically also a shutdown and restart and also whenever it goes to sleep mode it won't wake up, all i can see is capslock blinking and black screen with cooling fan running can you help me with that? can i downgrade successfully or should i wait for an other firmware update which might fix this problem. rightnow i am afraid to give it any bios update because any update will ask for a restart which i cant provide and interrenting bios with a restart problem can cause my bios to currept

my laptop is HP Elitebook 840 G5 Core i5 8th Gen

Windows 11

HP Recommended

Hi

i surest you to download BIOS version .27.0 from HP software download site, install it. I think this will fix your issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.