Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15 inch

My computer about three weeks ago developed two one-inch cracks in the screen, I didn't start a repair inquiry online with tech support because I read that it would cost around $700  to repair the screen which is about 85% of the purchase price that I paid for the computer. And because I previously paid about $400 dollars to have a battery issue replaced less than 2 months ago. But now that the cracks have begun to spread throughout my entire screen. I would like to know exactly how much the repair would cost because if it's over a certain amount of money I would just rather buy a new device from a new manufacturer because I have not had a favorable experience with my HP. Or if someone could suggest some cheaper alternatives that would be great. 

Product Name: HP Spectre X 360 , 15 inch screen 

Product Serial Number:[edit]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE: HP has successfully fixed the problem. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kammi_H

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

UPDATE: HP has successfully fixed the problem. 

HP Recommended

Hey,
I bought my daughter an HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 13t touch for Christmas nearly a year ago, it lives on her desk here at home, and is only ever opened and closed (she is given a school laptop which goes with her to and from school). A couple of months ago she opened it to see that the screen had cracked. Our local HP service bluntly said no warranty for anything related to screen cracks, and wanted nearly $1,000 to repair it, and told us this would come with no warranty if this fails again. The least expensive we can find is a 3rd party who will do this for us for ~$600. The repairer mentioned this seems to be a known fault with this model, which then led to us finding this 16-page forum on HP support which makes us think this is indeed a design flaw: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5...
Aside from the screen, the laptop has been great - she is accepted for a University degree in Architecture, and we'd like to use this for her studies, and find the stylus really useful for her art and drafting.
We'd like to know what can be done about the screen - can we trade this faulty model for one without this problem, is there some sort of fix that will prevent this in the future, or have we simply bought a lemon?
I appreciate your reply,
Rod Whiteley

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  HP wants $700 to repair. This is obviously a defect and HP is profiting off of it.  Customer service was of no help.  Last HP I ever buy 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and HP wants $700 to fix it. What a scam on a defective product 

HP Recommended

I was offered the same "solution". When I didn't accept that the support rep, in a miscalculated reply, offered me a discount to buy a brand new HP product. Im now the proud owner of a new Dell PC. Little did they know I also handle capital purchases for a larger organization and this encounter will be taken into account on future purchases there also. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.