Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14m-dy1000 (436S7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My cursor has completely disappeared. I have been able to deal with the issue by using the Device Manager, deleting the relevant (?) driver, and rebooting. Now nothing brings it back. (I use my touchpad exclusively--no mouse.)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Herbie46 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, but let's go through a few more to see if we can resolve the issue:

• Check Touchpad Settings: Sometimes, the touchpad settings can inadvertently disable the touchpad or hide the cursor. Go to Settings > Devices > Touchpad and ensure that the touchpad is enabled and configured to show the cursor.
  • Update Touchpad Driver: Even though you've tried deleting the driver, it's worth attempting to update it to the latest version. You can do this by going to Device Manager, finding the touchpad driver, right-clicking, and selecting "Update driver."
  • Roll Back Driver: If updating doesn't work, try rolling back the touchpad driver to a previous version. Sometimes, new updates can cause compatibility issues. Right-click on the touchpad driver in Device Manager and select "Properties." Then go to the "Driver" tab and choose "Roll Back Driver" if available.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure your Windows 11 is up to date. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that include fixes for various device issues, including touchpad problems.
  • Check for Third-Party Software Conflicts: If you have any third-party software related to touchpad or cursor management installed, try disabling or uninstalling it temporarily to see if it's causing the issue.
  • Hardware Check: If none of the above steps work, there might be a hardware issue with your touchpad.

Refer to this document: HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14m-dy1000 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.