Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14-dy0000 (23S36AV)

I bought my HP Pavillion x360 14 August 2022, and it came with a HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen. I had no issues for a while, everything was fine, but just a few months in the charging light for the pen stopped working. The pen itself was fine, so I ignored it, but now the pen itself won't connect unless I plug it into my laptop using the USB-c cable first. After I unplug it, it stays connected, but if I disconnect it I have to go through the whole process of plugging it in and tapping my screen until it connects.

When it does connect, it's hyper sensitive as well. It makes using things like onenote a pain because it'll continue to write even when at a distance from the screen.

I've looked through the instructions, updated drivers, updated windows, recalibrated, used the advice of just about every forum, and still nothing. I know I've had this device for nearly two years, so it's natural for the quality to regress, but still, surely there's something I can do to fix this issue? I'm guessing it's a battery issue, but honestly I have no clue and the instruction manual that came with the pen could not be less helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.