Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ek0000 (54B26AV)

HP True Vision 5MP camera no funciona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rilino ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the HP True Vision 5MP camera on your HP Pavilion X360 14 Inch 2-In-1 Laptop PC is not functioning, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
  • Look for the Imaging devices category and expand it.
  • If you see the HP True Vision camera listed, make sure there are no warning symbols such as exclamation marks or question marks. If there are, it indicates a driver problem.
  • If the camera is not listed at all, it may be disabled or not recognized by the system.

Enable the Camera:

• If the camera is disabled, right-click on it and select Enable.

Update Drivers:

• Right-click on the camera in Device Manager and select Update driver.
  • Choose to search automatically for updated driver software. If Windows finds any updates, it will install them.

Restart the Computer:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve hardware conflicts or software issues.

Check Privacy Settings:

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera and make sure that the "Allow apps to access your camera" toggle switch is turned on.
  • Also, make sure that individual apps are allowed to access the camera if necessary.

Run Windows Troubleshooter:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
  • Select the "Hardware and Devices" troubleshooter and run it to detect and fix any issues with hardware devices.

Check for Application Conflicts:

• If you're trying to use the camera with a specific application, try using it with a different application to see if the issue is application-specific.

Update Operating System:

• Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, Windows updates include fixes for hardware issues.

Reinstall Camera Driver:

• If updating the driver doesn't work, try uninstalling the camera driver from Device Manager and then restarting your computer. Windows should reinstall the driver automatically.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @rilino ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the HP True Vision 5MP camera on your HP Pavilion X360 14 Inch 2-In-1 Laptop PC is not functioning, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
  • Look for the Imaging devices category and expand it.
  • If you see the HP True Vision camera listed, make sure there are no warning symbols such as exclamation marks or question marks. If there are, it indicates a driver problem.
  • If the camera is not listed at all, it may be disabled or not recognized by the system.

Enable the Camera:

• If the camera is disabled, right-click on it and select Enable.

Update Drivers:

• Right-click on the camera in Device Manager and select Update driver.
  • Choose to search automatically for updated driver software. If Windows finds any updates, it will install them.

Restart the Computer:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve hardware conflicts or software issues.

Check Privacy Settings:

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera and make sure that the "Allow apps to access your camera" toggle switch is turned on.
  • Also, make sure that individual apps are allowed to access the camera if necessary.

Run Windows Troubleshooter:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
  • Select the "Hardware and Devices" troubleshooter and run it to detect and fix any issues with hardware devices.

Check for Application Conflicts:

• If you're trying to use the camera with a specific application, try using it with a different application to see if the issue is application-specific.

Update Operating System:

• Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, Windows updates include fixes for hardware issues.

Reinstall Camera Driver:

• If updating the driver doesn't work, try uninstalling the camera driver from Device Manager and then restarting your computer. Windows should reinstall the driver automatically.

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.