Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14-dy1000 (436S6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a Pavilion laptop.  The hinge on the left of the monitor has seized resulting in the hinge cracking off.  I need it repaired.  It is out of warranty.  Where can I take it?  I live in Sydney.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I wish we could help you on this but we here are unable to assist you in this issue.

We are just a Community Support forum staffed by part-time volunteers not associated with HP.

We have no access to other HP functional areas and can not help you with those.

These areas include:
-- Billing and invoices
-- Repairs, Service Centers and Technician Visits
-- Sales, Exchanges and Refunds
-- Warranty Repairs and Service

Nor are we able to contact customers -- via chat, via email, or via telephone.

If the warranty has expired, HP does not work on out-of-warranty equipment so you will need to seek out a local computer repair facility -- but be warned: repairs are usually VERY expensive as you not only have to pay retail prices for the parts, you also have to pay for labor to do the replacements and diagnostics. In many cases. the total cost will exceed that of replacing the computer.

Since we have no index or catalog of repair facilities, you have to look for one on your own.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.