Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop has a black screen the lights on the side are working but the computer stays blank i did a hard reset and all of those stuff

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

What caused the problem in the first place?
Power glitch? Upgrade to windows 11?
Microsoft or HP update? Add a new device, memory, etc?

Have you run diagnostics?
Tap the ESC key after powering on to run diagnostics.

Attach an external monitor or TV to the HDMI port and see if anything shows up.  Can you get into to the BIOS or run diagnostics?

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I think what caused the problem was me trying to replace my lcd cable that wasnt working right. After replacement of the lc d cable nothing happened no picture was shown just like how it was when it had the old lcd cable. However when i look closer at my laptop screen its like the black screen is flickering.

HP Recommended

Shine a light into the screen at an angle and look for printing.  It could be the backlight PCB is not working and the letters cannot be seen.   Not all displays use backlighting.  Usually only the older systems.

If an external monitor or TV works then possibly a simple problem.

Please provide the Product ID or Model name for better assistance. Preferably the full product ID including the characters after the # symbol. 

HP Recommended

I shined a  Light into the Display, and still nothing. I've tried Connecting the laptop with another laptop using an HDMI and still nothing. Here are my Computer System Info.

Product ID:  4AK77UA#ABA

Model Number: HP 15 Da0032wm

I also tried recovering the Bios with a USB. By pressing Windows key + B and it didn't even beep or anything just still blank.

HP Recommended

Does not look good.  All I can suggest is to disassemble and look for any cable not making a good contact.  if the motherboard was getting power there should be some beeping or LEDs blinking.

HP Recommended

Hey Beemer Bike i just wanted to say i connected my laptop to my tv through a HDMI Cable. And it successfully displayed on the TV, I watched a YouTube video by HP that showed me how to install the drivers. But my Laptop wont load into Windows 11 its just a black screen however, i used safe mode with internet connection but i didnt see the where to connect to an internet. I searched up how to fix that but it didnt work so im just gonna reset my laptop. I also saw that multiple drivers in my Device Manager wanted to Be updated so im just gonna Reset my Laptop with an USB STICK So the drivers can reinstall by itself. Thank you for Reaching out to me, Keep up the Good Work.

My Problem Was: Drivers Needed to be Updated + Black screen with Laptop turning on and off.

HP Recommended

BeemerBiker_0-1708352739924.png

Go to the below site and enter your product ID   4AK77UA#ABA
You will need a 32gb flash, your serial number,  and it will take an hour or more to create the recovery USB.
https://d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net/

All the drivers will installed. 

If you want to upgrade to windows 11 then do not connect WiFi or ethernet. 

Get the windows 11 ISO from microsoft and run the setup.exe program on the USB

There is no need to install all the updates to 10 if you are putting in 11.  Possibly the cloud will have 11.

HP Recommended

Hey there again sorry for not responding been busy. So ive finally got my hands on a 32gb flash drive. I created the recovery media with the HP cloud tool and after finishing. I booted the flash drive and it shows: File Backup and Factory Reset what should i chooseScreenshot_20240325-213409.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.