Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f2000 (74R51AV)

HI All,

I am facing an issue where my Laptop Screens lock instantly i move away or stop looking at time for a second.

I have checked all the possibilities but could not figure it out.

Can someone share their experience and resolution for the above issue

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AnjanTripathy,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your laptop might be utilizing a facial recognition feature or an attention-aware feature that locks the screen when it detects you're not looking or have moved away. This is often a security or battery-saving measure. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

For Windows Users:

Windows Hello Face Recognition: If your device uses Windows Hello for facial recognition, you may want to adjust or disable this feature. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. Under Windows Hello Face Recognition, you can adjust the settings or click Remove to disable it.

Dynamic Lock: Windows has a feature called Dynamic Lock that locks your PC when your Bluetooth-paired phone is out of range. To check this, go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and scroll down to Dynamic Lock to adjust or disable it.

Screen Saver Settings: Ensure that the screen saver isn’t set to a very short time and that it isn’t configured to display the logon screen upon resuming. Right-click on the desktop, select Personalize, go to Lock screen, and then Screen saver settings.

Power & Sleep Settings: Adjust the screen and sleep settings by going to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Increase the time before the screen turns off or before the PC goes to sleep.

For MacOS Users:

Attention Awareness Features: On Macs that support it, there's an attention-aware feature that dims the screen or locks the device when you're not looking. To adjust this, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Under the General tab, you might find an option related to this feature, depending on your macOS version.

Screen Saver & Energy Saver: Check your Screen Saver and Energy Saver settings in System Preferences. Adjust the timings to ensure they're not set to activate too quickly.

General Tips:

• Update Your Operating System: Ensure your operating system is up to date, as updates often fix bugs or improve how features work.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Rachel,

I don't want to disable the Face recognization, my windows show next to the face lock.

is there a way to disable Windows hello and not face lock?

HP Recommended

Hi @AnjanTripathy,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.