Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14-dy0000 (23S36AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

The issue is that the TouchPad is not working  properly. there is a issue with i2c HID device for long time. I have called the Hp help support but no one is there to support.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I've the exact same problem as well in the exact same model of laptop. 

As I can still use the touchpad by disabling and enabling the I2C HID Device sometimes, I don't think it's a hardware issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi @8CG1356VGP and @rajubasnet2058,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers.

1. Press the Windows key and type Device Manager in the search.
2. Click on Device Manager to open the applet.
3. Double-click the Mice and other pointing devices option to expand it.
4. Right-click on your touchpad driver and select Uninstall device.
5. Click the Uninstall button to confirm the action.
6. Finally, click Scan for hardware changes icon at the top to reinstall the driver.
7. In Device Manager, check if your Touchpad is shown in the Mice and other pointing devices category. Also, restart your computer to apply the changes.

You may also refer to the steps from this document. (Click on the word document to open the web page).

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.