Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q879AV)

Since a few weeks, my PC screen remains black when I resume sleep. I can only use the PC when connected to an external monitor. 

Options is Display settings are not properly working, such a Duplicate screens or Display only in 1.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Co124,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some trouble with your HP Spectre X360 laptop's display settings after resuming from sleep mode. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

• Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause display issues. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version from the HP website or the manufacturer's website.
  • Check Power Settings: Sometimes, power-saving settings can interfere with display functionality. Make sure your power settings are configured correctly, and try adjusting the settings related to sleep mode and display sleep.
  • Reset Display Settings: If your display settings are not working properly, you can try resetting them to their default values. Go to Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties. In the Properties window, go to the Monitor tab and click on "Properties." Then, click on "Driver" and "Update Driver." You can also try rolling back the driver to a previous version if updating doesn't help.
  • BIOS Update: Check if there's a BIOS update available for your laptop on the HP support website. Sometimes, BIOS updates can fix compatibility issues and improve system stability.
  • Hardware Check: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it could indicate a hardware problem with the laptop's display or graphics card. 
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your laptop to restore it to its original settings. Make sure to back up any important data before doing this, as it will erase all the files and applications on your laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.