Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I bought an HP Spectre X360 Convertible 13 inch in 2018 and paid A$3339.00 for it.  Since then I have had 2 fan failures that was fixed under warranty.  Yesterday, I opened my laptop and there was a crack running from the right side of the camera all the way down to the bottom left of the screen.  I always carry my laptop in a specially bought HP laptop case that only holds the laptop and no other components.  I am always careful using it at a desk at work and at a desk at home.  The screen was fine the day before and yesterday morning, the screen had miraculously cracked all on it's own.  I contacted HP support today, wasted hours of my life and was told that the screen is delicate and  the crack is due to physical damage from being dropped or placed under pressure.  Funny I am not sure how the laptop jumped off the desk overnight  and caused itself some physical damage.  Maybe it was trying to commit suicide knowing it is worthless and then jumped back on the desk before anyone noticed what happened.  I have spent hours reading over 160 post dating all the way back to 2015 of people all with similar experiences and what is even more frustrating that some of these post have been locked so I cannot reply to the LONG threads.  Who know what the real number of people with this same problem really amounts to.  Someone even posted that he and his friend were watching a movie on his laptop and the screen spontaneously cracked before their eyes.

HP support quoted  $1063.01 and gave me 10 days to pay the invoice before they would repair my laptop.  What a joke!  I will be lodging a complaint to fair trading because this laptop is not fit for all it's usual purpose and I would never have bought it if I knew about the problem.  This issue has been present since 2015 proven by the previous posts and my laptop is broken and cannot be fixed without a huge expense. HP we expect better!  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sunshine_76, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have responded to your private message HP support.  I will be keeping the community posted on the progress. 

HP Recommended

@Sunshine_76

I have escalated your issue to HP’s Support Team in your region. They will review and check for possible options available, if any, to resolve your issue.  You should be contacted within 2-4 business days (this does not include weekends or holidays).  Response times may vary by region.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.