Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14-dy0000 (23S36AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My touchpad suddenly stopped working two months. Even though I have tried to update the drivers, it is still not working now. 

My laptop displays that "The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.22631) every time that I update the newest version of driver that HP provides on their official website.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Chrissanth ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing touchpad issues on your HP Pavilion X360 14 Convertible PC running Windows 11, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Here's a step-by-step guide:

Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your operating system is up to date by installing the latest Windows updates.

Update Touchpad Drivers:

• Go to the HP official website or use HP Support Assistant to download the latest touchpad drivers specifically designed for Windows 11.
  • Before installing the new drivers, uninstall the existing touchpad drivers to avoid conflicts. You can do this by going to "Device Manager," locating the touchpad under "Mice and other pointing devices," right-clicking, and selecting "Uninstall device."
  • After uninstalling, restart your laptop and install the newly downloaded touchpad drivers.

Compatibility Mode:

• If the drivers provided by HP are not working due to compatibility issues, you can try installing them in compatibility mode.
  • Right-click on the driver installation file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows (e.g., Windows 10).
  • Click "Apply" and then "OK," and try running the installer again.

Windows Driver Updates:

• You can also try updating the touchpad drivers through Windows Update. Sometimes, Windows can automatically find and install the correct drivers.
  • Go to "Settings" > "Windows Update" and check for updates.

BIOS/UEFI Update:

• Check if there's a BIOS or UEFI update available for your laptop on the HP website. Sometimes, firmware updates can address hardware compatibility issues. update  BIOS/UEFI.

System Restore:

• If the issue started after a recent update or installation, you may consider using System Restore to revert your system to a point where the touchpad was working.
  • Type "Create a restore point" in the Windows search bar, open the result, go to the "System Protection" tab, and click on "System Restore."

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.-

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.