Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 15.6 inch G9 Notebook PC (4D3X1AV)

Until a week ago there were no issues with the HDMI connection on the docking. But now he no longer shows the screen, charging still works trough the Docking. Tested the docking on another pc, no issues. We tested an other USB-C5 Docking on the pc, same issue. We updated the drivers but this did not help. Anyone has an idea why it stopped working

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had an issue such as this on my laptop, though I use a Toshiba Laptop. I tried everything from resetting my system to updating the drivers,

The solution was for me to unplug the charging cable from the laptop, and then connect the HDMI cable and the display just came on.

HP Recommended

That won't help since the charging also goes trough the docking station. We did connect an extra charger once, but this did not change anything

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.