Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x 360 14-cd0505na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI. I recently bought a usb c to hdmi converter for my pavilion x 360 from the HP web shop. It listed as being a compatible product so asumed my usb c could output a video signal but I can't get it to display. The laptop will make a little chime noise when I connectthe usb and monitor then a little sigh of a chime. It doesn't show up in the displays settings.

Should i be able to display from this usb c connector?

What am i doing wrong?

I've swapped hdmi leads.

Tried a simple TV.

I have a Dell P2418HT.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@manchesterSpark

Welcome to HP Support Community

As per the Product Specifications, the HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0505na only has the regular USB Type-C Connector to connect a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer.

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-14-cd0000-x360-convertible-pc/20283983/model/244345...

To be able to connect external displays to the USB Type-C port, it has to be a USB Type-C Thunderbolt Port. So you cannot connect any external display to the USB Type-C port

Hope this helps 

Have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks KrazyToad. I thought that might be the case. The only reason I bought the product was it was listed as a compatible product for my laptop on HP’s own web store. I feel like I did as much as I could to check compatibility and have wasted my money. 

Does HP accept returns?

HP Recommended

@manchesterSpark

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.