Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I've had the same problem as seen in 8 previous pages on this forum. My wife opened our 1 month old, $2000 hp spectre x360 laptop to find the screen had cracked. By the time we got the laptop to hp, the cracks had spread and some shards of glass fallen out near the origin of the crack at one hinge. Hp have deemed this as physical damage and quoted us $523 for repairs, on what without doubt was a defective screen. I can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment at both the quality of hp screens based on the 8 pages of similar issues, and the ridiculous quoted repair costs. I could buy a new laptop for less. With this level of customer service, I don't see hp maintaining their reputation of quality.
152 REPLIES 152
HP Recommended

@trent2

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I just had the same problem as trent2 with the screen cracking but no glass has fallen out yet.  I was using my HP Spectre on Tuesday night and it was working properly when I shut it down.   I opened it up the next morning and notice the screen was cracked.  I had an online chat with a rep and was told that I would pay $300 for a screen repair.    Why should I be charged for this defective screen that appears to have been a problem for others based on what I am seeing on this forum.

I already had to send the computer back TWICE for WIFI not working properly and operating intermittently.  So I believe this is HP's problem to fix at no cost.

Also would HP be providing a new screen ?   And how do I know it will not occur again in a few days/months?   It is a laptop that is carried around as designed.

How do I get the problems resolved?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a similar issue exect I bought my spectre 360x laptop yesterday and today found a 1cm long crack in the middle of the display...

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue screen cracked on opening case at middle point on upper edge ? inherent weakness

Hp support poor saying not covered for physical damage despite me pointing out this appears to be a common issue

Will  not be buying HP again

HP Recommended

Add 1 more to the list, was just opening it and screen cracked, one perfect crack all the way across the screen and curser won't move anymore..Same result $300 to fix...Very poor response considering this is obviously a defect.

HP Recommended

Add 1 more to the list.

I was just opening it and the screen cracked. It was just around the camera lens at the top that got cracked. In Sweden it cost $600 to fix. I also called HP and they haven't heard about any problem and were not interested to help me. The service company in Sweden, named Infocare, looked at it and said it is my problem, no investigation. I have worked with computers my whole life, it is about 45 years, and I have never seen or heard about this problem on more than 1000 computers that I have opened and worked with. I'm sure that this is a defect on the computer from the beginning and it is very poor response from HP, considering this is obviously a defect.

I copied from the WEB named: store. hp.com

The ultra slim, powerful convertible HP Spectre x360 Laptop PC with 360o hinge and HD touchscreen display,

makes this PC transition to how you want to use it.

What is the meaning of the touchscreen display if you can't use it; in this case it should be don't touch it at all.

HP Recommended

Add me to the list.  Cracked screen from doing nothing but opening it again to start my day.  Less than 4 months old.

After one rudely closed chat window... one heated discussion with a different help desk support tech... I received a '20% discount' to fix the obvious manufacturer design defect.  When I brought up the multiple forum posts on the subject, they said that "... any given computer model will have similar posts...."

Never again HP unless they make this right. 

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

You can add another to the list of a random screen crack on an hp spectre x360.  I bought mine less than a month ago and it was sitting on a desk most of the time.  I was shocked to see a cracked screen upon opening it one day and immediately contacted hp.  I sent it in after speaking with an hp representative by chat about a week ago and i just received a call saying it's not covered.  Laptop was never dropped or mishandled.. Brand new machine and used maybe a handful of times.. Hp says $500 and change to fix.  I was then told i'd be given a discount (as if this would satisfy me somehow) of $300 for the repair.  Just absolute nonsense. I understand that there may be some people who try to take advantage and fabricate stories for a fix when it is indeed their fault... But CMON HP.. the machine is BRAND NEW and multiple cases of cracked screens? NOT A DEFECT of some sort? NO COMMENTS on the issue? NOTHING? I almost felt sorry for the girl that was forced to call me and notify me that nothing can be done... It's a shame since such a beautiful machine that seemed "well built" just turned into trash. Wasted $1400 on trash literally..

HP Recommended
I have same problem cracked screen. This laptop is not abused and carefully handled. Carried in computer backpack.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.