Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I started this journey trying to get my HP Pavilion x360 11m-ad113x to up to date with Windows 10. After the update was successful and the laptop restarted, The touchpad and keyboard no longer worked. The touch keyboard and any external mouse or keyboard would work in both tablet and desktop mode.

After hours and hours of research i was able to get the keyboard and touchpad back working by disabling the INTEL integrated Sensor Solution Driver. However, even though I now have the touchpad and keyboard back, I have to manually turn on the on-screen keyboard in order to use it in tablet mode instead of it showing automatically when an input is needed (in a search bar for example). Additionally, the internal keyboard and touchpad no longer disables when in tablet mode- so if I flip to tablet mode, all the keys are being pressed. Neither does the screen auto rotate when in tablet mode. 

Am i stuck having to choose between having auto on-screen keyboard vs the onboard keyboard and touchpad all because of a windows update?  Is there anyone who can offer any new insight into this issues? I have watched way too many videos and too many blogs and nothing fully solves my problem.  

Things already done: 

-Fully updated Windows 10 software

-Downloaded the Sensor solution driver from HP site

-Factory reset the computer

-Changed tons of things in the registry

-disabled the sensor drive and restart the computer

-Changed the settings under "typing" to make touch keyboard auto show in desktop mode. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.