Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp stream 11

Help, my stream 11 laptop screen works fine once the screen cover is out but as soon as it cover put back the laptop won't display.

Pls help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Dusty144,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the magnetic sensor that detects when the screen cover is closed. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check Power Settings: Sometimes, laptops are set to sleep or hibernate when the screen is closed. Make sure your power settings are configured to keep the laptop running even when the screen is closed. You can adjust these settings in the Control Panel or Settings menu, depending on your operating system.
  • Update Drivers: Ensure that all your device drivers, especially the display and power management drivers, are up to date. You can do this by going to the Device Manager in Windows and checking for any updates for your display adapter or power management devices.
  • Disable Sleep Mode: As a temporary troubleshooting step, try disabling sleep mode completely. While this is not a permanent solution, it can help determine if the issue is related to sleep mode settings. You can do this in the Power Options settings in the Control Panel.
  • Check Magnet: The HP Stream 11 likely uses a magnetic sensor to detect when the screen cover is closed. There might be an issue with this sensor or the magnet in the screen bezel. Check to see if the magnet is properly aligned and hasn't shifted. You can also try placing a small magnet near the sensor to see if it triggers the screen to turn off.
  • Reset Power Management Settings: Sometimes, power management settings can become corrupted. Try resetting the power management settings to their default values. You can usually do this in the BIOS settings of your laptop.
  • Hardware Inspection: If none of the above solutions work, there may be a hardware issue with either the magnetic sensor or the display cable that connects the screen to the motherboard. 

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue with your HP Stream 11 laptop's screen not displaying when the cover is closed.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.