Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15q-ds0006tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have opened my laptop to upgrade wifi card which i used  realtek rtl8723DE to new realtek rtl8821CE wifi 

But my laptop didn't show wifi card in laptop even I have update the driver too

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model card should have worked just fine in your notebook as long as you got the right part number:  L17365-005

It is even listed as a supported Wi-Fi card in chapter 3 of the service manual.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I have recommended that model Wi-Fi card to many other forum members, so unfortunately, I don't know why the card isn't working in your notebook.

It it possible the card is defective, or you didn't seat it properly in the M.2 slot?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model card should have worked just fine in your notebook as long as you got the right part number:  L17365-005

It is even listed as a supported Wi-Fi card in chapter 3 of the service manual.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I have recommended that model Wi-Fi card to many other forum members, so unfortunately, I don't know why the card isn't working in your notebook.

It it possible the card is defective, or you didn't seat it properly in the M.2 slot?

HP Recommended

I have got different part no -915620-001

I think that is why my laptop didn't detect any wifi card in m.2 slot

HP Recommended

Hi:

That part number should have worked too.

Wifi card change - HP Support Community - 8487711

HP Recommended

By any way   rtl8821ce part no-915620-001 does not detect by laptop 

Even I have try 5 time by connecting antenna wire too

Even I have installed new window 10 and driver 

But also same result came motherboard doesn't detect any wifi card 

But my old wifi card rtl8723de part no-L21480-005 is support by motherboard 

and detect by system 

HP Recommended

i3 7020 7th generation 

I have upgrade SSD nvme and ram also it runs smoothly till now 

My old wifi card rtl8723de work well but new wifi card rtl8821ce is not detect and shown in Device manager I have try all things 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

The Wi-Fi adapter must be no good.

HP Recommended

it means I have to find the same Realtek rtl8821ce AC spare part no - L17365-005  to be supported by  the system or motherboard  then only my laptop  can detect  the wifi card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.