Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have HP 277 G7 and WLAN card Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter, I would like to replace it for better one, but do not know how to choose the best one. It would be nice if you could provide some info according to make topic. Have a good day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, the RTL8821CE is one of only two cards that work on dual band with only one antenna.

I have the same model notebook as you with the same card.  I have no plans on going through the work to upgrade the card.

The Intel 9461AC is the other one and has the same specs as the RTL8821CE and would not work in your notebook.

See if you can find the antenna wire kit listed in chapter 3, page 20 of the service manual I posted.

I imagine you would want the dual antenna kit because the missing second antenna wire will be a different length than the one currently installed.

Otherwise, you can buy a generic M.2 Wi-Fi antenna wire and put it someplace inside the notebook where it doesn't touch any metal parts.

The second antenna wire on cards like the Intel AX200 is primarily used for Bluetooth reception.

Without the second antenna wire, you would not be able to use Bluetooth devices.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the Realtek RTL8821CE Wi-Fi adapter and a better card would require two antenna wires.

The RTL8821CE was the only supported model Wi-Fi adapter offered in the model series.

c06208876.pdf (hp.com)

I could not find any discussions where someone went through the trouble to completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel to add a second antenna wire and install a better card.

If you want to experiment, this would be the only card I can think of that might work if you install a second antenna wire.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! What additional wire could provide? Because I have 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi as well. And I do not have free m.2 slot, ssd already installed there. Also, could you provide some models of HP PCs where I can get the right one, I would search for it in some disassembly platforms

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, the RTL8821CE is one of only two cards that work on dual band with only one antenna.

I have the same model notebook as you with the same card.  I have no plans on going through the work to upgrade the card.

The Intel 9461AC is the other one and has the same specs as the RTL8821CE and would not work in your notebook.

See if you can find the antenna wire kit listed in chapter 3, page 20 of the service manual I posted.

I imagine you would want the dual antenna kit because the missing second antenna wire will be a different length than the one currently installed.

Otherwise, you can buy a generic M.2 Wi-Fi antenna wire and put it someplace inside the notebook where it doesn't touch any metal parts.

The second antenna wire on cards like the Intel AX200 is primarily used for Bluetooth reception.

Without the second antenna wire, you would not be able to use Bluetooth devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.