Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless Assistant  wifi light stays blue

The wifi button light (F12) stays blue, even when I push the button to disconnect the wlan.

When I push the button to connect or disconnected wifi . the button light stays bleu. (instead of red when it is off and bleu when it is on).

Wifi works.

Ps ; the pop-up ; off-line mode /on line mode works as well.

I reinstalled the driver (sp72517) from the hp.support. > no change.

grts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Em16

Thanks a lot for replying with the information. I appreciate that. 🙂 It may have happened due to Windows 10 upgrade. I suggest you to wait for further Windows updates and those updates should fix the wifi light indication.

Alternately, you could try to download and install the HP System Event Utility which enables special function keys on supported notebook models. Though it is for Windows 8, it should work for Windows 10 too.

If none of the solutions work then you will have to rollback to the original operating system only for the wifi light. Let me know. Thanks again! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Em16

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I understand from your post that the wifi light on your HP Pavilion 17 Notebook stays blue even after you press the wifi button and turn off the wireless connection. I understand that wifi works well. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following details to assist you better:

• Did your laptop came with Windows 10 preinstalled or have you upgraded to Windows 10.
  • When was the last time the wifi light turned orange. 
  • The exact model no. of your laptop. This link will help you find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I will wait for your response. Thanks again! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hey,

• Did your laptop came with Windows 10 preinstalled or have you upgraded to Windows 10.
  • >Upgraded
  • When was the last time the wifi light turned orange. 
  • > about a week ago
  • The exact model no. of your laptop
  • >HP Pavilion 17 notabook pc
  • F9V11EA#UUG
  • Bios F27 07/13/2016

grts

HP Recommended

@Em16

Thanks a lot for replying with the information. I appreciate that. 🙂 It may have happened due to Windows 10 upgrade. I suggest you to wait for further Windows updates and those updates should fix the wifi light indication.

Alternately, you could try to download and install the HP System Event Utility which enables special function keys on supported notebook models. Though it is for Windows 8, it should work for Windows 10 too.

If none of the solutions work then you will have to rollback to the original operating system only for the wifi light. Let me know. Thanks again! 🙂

HP Recommended

@MKazi wrote:

@Em16

Alternately, you could try to download and install the

@MKazi wrote:

@Em16

which enables special function keys on supported notebook models. Though it is for Windows 8, it should work for Windows 10 too.

Hey,

I've installed the HP System Event Utility (more specifique Sp66604).

> OK  :generic:

Thx very much for the help !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.