Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY dv7-7398ca Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I really need help trying to figure out how to stop getting these BSOD's every time I log into the Cisco AnyConnect. I log in with a VPN (virtual private network) (hardwired) and each time I log in...I get a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH with the same error message (shown below from WhoCrashed software). The crash will come up within the first few seconds or it may take several hours...its so sporadic and random. 

Things I've tried so far: 

Remove Cisco Driver and reinstall to the latest version

Make sure all drivers are up to date (using Iobit DriverBooster)

This is the message from the WhoCrashed software:

On Fri 7/8/2016 5:00:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070716-27890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: acsock64.sys (acsock64+0x158B1)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x760E0002, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803656BE850)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\acsock64.sys
product: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
description: Cisco AnyConnect Kernel Driver Framework Socket Layer Interceptor
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: acsock64.sys (Cisco AnyConnect Kernel Driver Framework Socket Layer Interceptor, Cisco Systems, Inc.).
Google query: Cisco Systems, Inc. DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I was using the VPN for about 2 weeks with no issues at all. I went on a trip to a hotel in Cali (connected wirelessly but no supposed to! Was having trouble connecting to the Marriotts High Speed Wi-Fi and after speaking with a tech support, they had me change my IPv4 properties from Use the following DNS server addresses: Preferred 8.8.8.8 alternate 8.8.4.4 to selecting the radio button Obtain DNS server address automatically. Then I logged in their network with no issues. After my trip, I came back home to AZ and thats when the crash started happening. Not sure if that would make a difference but just something I thought I'd note! I only get a crash when trying to log into my VPN through Cisco, other than that, my computer runs fine! 

I've also upgrade my ram to a better version (HyperX) thinking this may fix the issue but it still does it. I don't know what else to do or troubleshoot. Please help!

System Information:

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC, Hewlett-Packard, 181D
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 17063763968 bytes total

===========================================================

There was only one option I had left to fix this issue, and I think it was because I just had a bug somwhere. I completely removed everything (after backing up important stuff ofcourse), reverted back to windows 8 > did all important updates > 8.1 > all updates > then back to windows 10. 

Everything seems to be working fine now. 

I did run sfc /scannow in CMD to make sure everything was in good order too before updating. 

Update: I had a crash after uploading iTunes. I uninstalled the Apple Software Update and Apple Application Support 32-bit (i left the 64 bit b/c that's what my system uses) and everything seems to be working good!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.