cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hlow_Guy
Level 4
156 137 1 52
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tomssics wrote:
Answer already campe up on first posts. It is not supported for amd machines

Envy 17-30xx, with Intel HD 3000 and AMD HD 7650M XT, Switching and WiDi works.

Envy 17-30xx 3D, with Intel HD 3000 and AMD HD 7650M XT, Switching and WiDi works.

Envy 17-32xx, with Intel HD 4000 and AMD HD 7850M, Switching and WiDi works.

Envy 17-32xx 3D, with Intel HD 4000 and AMD HD 7850M, Switching and WiDi, DOES NOT WORK.

The WiDi is dependent on the Intel  HD 4000 to function properly.

For the Envy 17-32xx 3D series, the iGPU (Intel HD 4000) does not work as the switching does not function.

The Intel HD 4000 and WiDi are part of the 3rd gen i7 3610QM chip, its there, but will not/can not activate due to shoddy programing on HP's behalf.

HP continues to distribute a broken product to consumers, and continues to advertise the features as available on the product Specs page and in their Service Manual for the Envy 17-32xx 3D series.

Nowhere in this  thread is there a post from HP responding to the issues at hand with the 17-32xx 3D series.

Switching DOES WORK WITH  AMD AND INTEL, you don't know what you are talking about.

Educate yourself before posting such remarks, you will miss lead people with them.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tomssics
Level 2
31 27 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I based my text on dahniels info. Hes an expert and i didnt look closer about supporting or not.

Hlow_Guy
Level 4
156 137 1 52
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tomssics wrote:

I based my text on dahniels info. Hes an expert and i didnt look closer about supporting or not.

dahniels hasn't posted in this thread.

Obvously not an expert

The blind following the blind?

tomssics
Level 2
31 27 0 0
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I meant  

texasgooner
6 4 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump...

Any news?

Come on HP, pull your finger(s) out...

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation