Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've got an HP Mini 210-1020sa, which I've had for about a year and a half and use intensively. The battery lost its ability to retain a charge a couple of months ago, but it ran fine when plugged into the mains. Occasionally the power cord would get tugged out accidentally and it would power down unexpectedly, but I just had to plug it back in and switch it on and it would be fine. Until today...

It powered down, and, as I was rebooting it, it froze. So I turned it off. This time, when I turned it back on again, it wouldn't boot up at all. The power light LED goes on, and the fan makes a noise (there's also some computery-sounding noises at the beginning), but the screen stays black and nothing happens. I've spent hours trying to fix it, but nothing I do has had any effect (and there's not a lot I can do, given that it doesn't even seem to be starting the boot up process).

I've opened it up and re-inserted the memory stick, taken out and re-inserted the hard drive, but all to no avail. I've tried doing a "hard reset" as described on the HP website, but this did nothing. I also connected it to an external monitor, with no results. I've done everything I can think of, but it still won't boot up. 

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Turn OFF the Notebook and once its powered ON, keep Pressing F10 to load BIOS screen of the Notebook. In this screen under Diagnostics, run the test on hard drive and memory. Post back the results here.

Also in startup menu there is an alternate way where you can run F2 (System Diagnostics). The instructions can be found at below link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01443317

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I can't access any of the diagnostic screens - nothing happens when I hold down the buttons on turning the machine on.

HP Recommended
I have the same issue and tried your recommendations.It passed and I checked the error log.......I have error 0601
HP Recommended

my hp min 210 1106 does nothing...when i press the power button , caps lock is on continous... fan is moving....no hard disk activity.....no msg on screen.,,. screen is blank...

please help !!!!

HP Recommended

Hello My HP Mini 210 - 1020sa has the same problem. 

After I trun it on all hardware starts to work apart from the hard drive and also the caps lock key is always on. But the screen DOES NOT trun on and none of the F key button work. For exsample you said to press F10 and I did but still blank screen.

Please could you tell me what could have gone wrong or how to reset the cmos the default settings! (ASAP)

Regards,

Tom Buxton - Hp User

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, seeing that you all are basically having the same issue, I have done research on this issue for you and I have come across a great document that covers different trouble shooting steps to hopefully resolve this issue.  Please click on the link to get to the document.      http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

If you are still having issue's, please feel free to write back and I will continue to do more research for you.

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, I still have this issue. I am on Mini 210 2012sq. I did the hard reset, took the ram out and put it back in. The mini does not boot, the screen is black.

I can hear the fan, the amber light is on, the charger light is on, and the caps lock is blinking. The caps lock blinks in intervals, each interval 3 times. This is supposed to mean that the memory part is not working.

The only change done to the mini was taking out the memory and putting it back in. It is the orignal memory part, it has not been changed.

It is on Windows7 Starter (was...).

Can it be resurrected or is it basically garbage now 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.