cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Revolve
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP REVOLVE 810 swipe to unlock Windows screen and touch keyboard doesn't popup

HP Recommended

I have an HP Revolve 810 laptop/tablet used for business. There is a couple on issues that are very annoying. One of them is I can't use the touch screen to unlock from Windows lock screen I have to use physical keyboard to CTRL+ALT+DEL. I can't touch to swipe up to unlock the screen to enter username and password.

Another issue is when logged in Windows to search on to type the touch screen keyboard doesn't popup. I have to navigate to the system tray and tap to bring up the on-board touch screen keyboard.

I have check everywhere around for the settings and nothing that I can found to resolve the issue. 

Please help me in resolving this above issues.

Thank you

HP Revolve 810 business user   

11 REPLIES 11
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,904 720 2,780
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unlock:

Touch the screen with your finger and then slide your finger upthe glass. A quick flick of the finger will do.

When you’re in the door, Windows wants you to signin by clicking your name and typing in a password

For Onscreen keyboard refer the video in the following weblink:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Revolve
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have aleady tried that still didn't work. I have been tying to swipe everywhere from the sides, top, bottom.  

Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,904 720 2,780
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We tried on couple of unit and are able to unlock the unit. Could you please try sliding the unlock screen upwards and let me know if it works to unlock.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
maudibrfl
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have just put one in our domain at the office as well.  This function DOES NOT WORK on the domain for us.

I am very familar with Windows 8 touch products as well.

However,  there is a message on the screen to use the Windows Key and the Power key to login.  However, when using the Windows Key on the Table (This is in Tablet mode) and the Power button on the side, the system goes to sleep mode instead of generating a CTRL+ALT+DEL.

I have tried the Windows Key+Power on the other devices I have access to, and it works there. 

Espenh
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem, any luck solving the issue?

/Espen

Rogoflap
Level 2
17 12 0 2
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and I am using Windows 7 Pro (64 Bit).

When in Tablet mode, Screen states:

Press CTRL-ALT-DEL or use the Windows Security Button to unlock this computer.

I have tried all the things above and more, but nothing unlocks.

When using the Ease of Access, I can turn on the On Screen Keyboard, but it will not accept the CTL-ALT-DEL combination to bring up the Login / Password boxes.

Thanks.

Rog

npw05001
Level 8
2,472 2,418 76 315
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Rogoflap,

I see that you are having a problem with your HP Revolve.

I would suggest posting your problem at the HP Commercial Forum. The link will take you directly to the board specific for your product.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Holly_J
Level 6
Level 6
410 380 23 137
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are using Windows 7 (not Windows 8), you should be able to touch the Ease of Access button at the lower left of the screen, then select Type without the keyboard (On-screen keyboard). When the on-screen keyboard pops-up, press CTRL, then ALT, then DEL. You should get a password prompt; the on-screen keyboard will stay visible unless and until you close it.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Rogoflap
Level 2
17 12 0 2
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

*** We are using the Windows 7 64 bit version not windows 8.

I did try the ease of access.  Turned on the on screen keyboard.

The CTRL-ALT works, but the DEL does not.  It won't allow the on screen ctrl - alt - del to work.

I am guessing there is some driver not loaded that tells windows 7 that the windows button on the screen is the windows security button.

I believe this because others have suggested going into control panel and PC Tablet Settings and seeig a "BUTTON" tab where you can configure that button.  This tab DOES NOT exist on my control panel.

as for the CTRL-ALT-DEL not sure why this doesn't work either.

Rog

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation