Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

RE Elkong, LOL I can understand your vexation. I to am struggling with this issue. Really in response to what  you wrote so far all I can say is you should of done your homework a little better. Im pretty sure, if I remember correctly, that it was advertised amount of usable memory. 

For me personally, I love this little guy. It was economical, lightweight and thus far performes flawlessly; , the memory is on the low side, but hey, for 200 bucks I cant complain.

Im using rremovable storage media and Im not sure why you said it is not a solution.  Oh well, hope your next purchase is better for you

HP Recommended

The removable storage is not a viable solution unless you can install the OS on the removable media, which would be silly.  I think the OP is saying they don't have anything on the C: drive killing the space, it's windows and windows updates that make this thing useless...so unless you want to install windows on the SD card, that is really not a solution...

I have the 11" and windows updates has done the same thing, left me with 200k free on C.  After doing cleanup on windows update files I have almost 600 MB free.   I think HPs suggestion to turn off windows updates might be the best bet (sarcasm).

HP Recommended
I turn off windows update on my hp stream..will it affect the performance of my laptop? sigh...I only have 1.12 gb free left on my drive c .i put 64 gb sd card for my personal storage but still losing memory due to defender update...i stopped the rest of the updates though..but not sure if it's wise to stop defender update also..please advise..thanks
HP Recommended

hello there. im a hp stream user too. im out of space left in my storage too., i wonder if we upgrade/update  out hp stream 13 to windows 10 fresh iso installed in usb drive using rufus, could we somehow recover some more space? then install our applications again. then remove windows update and other spyware apps. maybe it could be possible to control our storage? sorry for bad english. will wait for reply guys. thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, instructions for a fresh Windows 10 install are here.

HP Recommended

a llot of thanks . this made my day. 😄

HP Recommended

Hey there, ever find a solution? Having same issue like many others on this.

HP seems totally neglegent.

HP Recommended

Please explain exactly how you manage to hold on to 11gb???

All due respect, I don't think you know what your talking about

HP Recommended

Micro card is not a solution! It's Windows updates that are the culprit & way too little memory.

HP Recommended

>  It is probably the Windows updates that have consumed your C: drive over time. 

Correct.

Look into the 'C:\Windows\Installer' folder.  How much disk-space is used?  It could be between 3 GB and 13 GB.

The files in this folder are security-updates that have already been applied.

If you never intend to use Windows Update to "uninstall" any of the updates, just delete these files.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.