Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please help me to reset my bios password , My bios is lock and not work to remove Bios battery .

Please help me ! :S

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook uses the HP Sparekey method of password recovery. You were supposed to answer 3 questions so that you could remember your password in the event you forgot it. Also, you could have enrolled your password with HP and if you lost it you could get it from HP customer support if you provided proof of ownership.

If you just set a password and did not enroll in HP Sparekey or answer the 3 security questions you will not be able to enter the BIOS. If that was a power on password, your notebook is only good for parts (except the motherboard).

There is no way to reset it by removing batteries or whatever.

Paul

HP Recommended

I know some methods to reset bios password.

1. The best and easiest method: Close OS and shut down the electricity power of computer. Open your computer box, take out the cmos battery from the mainboard. Then the bios password will be reset to blank. Put it back after a few minutes.

2. Follow some  tutorials. For example the tutorials:
Reset HP / Dell BIOS Password.

Top 3 methods to crack bios password!

3. Use the bios password recovery tool , but that is not free!

So I would suggest you the 1st method. Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

i have over 260+ of these HP elitebook 8530p notebooks all with Bios Administrator Passwords.... they came to us from a office company that closed down and we have no way of getting the password for the bios to get them back up and running to resale.... we have read up alot about these and we know that there is not a way to clear the password with the cmos batter pulled or batter pulled or cold booting the system.... we would like to get professinal help from HP maybe a way to reset them without haveing to take them all the way apart... i have seen some deals online about how you can remove a certian chip on the motherboard and replace it but we have tried with one unit and still have a bios administrator password pop up on the screen when going to bois...

HP please help us on finding a way to reset the password for the bois so we can resale and put these nice notebooks back into the market... we have already invested alot into them and cant affored to loose anymore money and we can not afford to trash these units... parting them down will not even come close to half the price of the units... we need a fast response and a quick fix over 260+ of these units are on pallets and every day that goes by is money lost in value of these units....

HP Recommended

Hi:

I heard that you can go into the BIOS as a guest and you can reset the password from there?

See the link below, and see Warefare's post.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/how-to-remove-bios-password-on-HP-Elitebo...

The 8530p should have the same BIOS as the 6930p. The 6930p is basically a 14" screen version of the 8530p.

Paul

HP Recommended

didn't find a solution for the problem on that site...

HP Recommended

Do you mean you didn't see it. or it didn't work?

I have copied and pasted what purportedly works.

Discovered the resolution:

to re-gain access to the system. If the BIOS user forgets their password ... go to F10 to remove and add the BIOS user again, Login using user... as Guest User and then reset Security to defaults.  Save and Exit."

HP Recommended

Bios Administrator Passwords not user password for bios when you hit F10 the first thing it ask for is Bios Administrator Password to go any further....

attatched is the screen i get from the unit

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/toiletcake1/000_2558_zpsc0705880.jpg

HP Recommended

Well, I'm afraid there isn't going to be anything you can do that I know of.

HP can't help you unless you provide proof of original ownership (which you can't), and the original owner would have needed to to enroll all of the PC's in the HP Sparekey program.

HP Recommended

so your saying i have over 260+ notebooks that are useless... i dont see how hp would let that kind of product go to the trash.... and also that will hurt our company to the point that we might have to claim bankrupt

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.