cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
the_wuggles
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 68
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp Support Assistant Not Working - SOLVED

HP Recommended

Hello all. My HP Support assistant just upgraded to the new one, and is not working to find any updates at all. It keeps saying that it will search for drivers on -such and such- date, then afterwards I'll look, and it will have a new date, and says its never been updated. When i go to click on refresh, it says "Stopping Operating. Please Wait..."

When left alone for a minute it uses almost HALF of my computer resources, then I kill the process as it doesn't show its doing anything at all.

I tried re-installing the old one, only to have it get updated to the new one anyway... Any ideas would be greatly Appreciated.

HP-DV6929WM. Intel Core i7-26630QM. 6 GB RAM. 750 GB Hard Drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,888
Message 2 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by using the Microsoft 'Fixit' on the following link - this is particularly useful in correcting issues that may prevent reinstallation on machines running a 64bit OS.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
DavidPK
Level 18
Message 2 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by using the Microsoft 'Fixit' on the following link - this is particularly useful in correcting issues that may prevent reinstallation on machines running a 64bit OS.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

the_wuggles
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Worked perfectly! Thank you so much, Kudos!

0 Kudos
DavidPK
Level 18
Message 4 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

BoyGonz
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 5 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.   Yy HP Support Assistant disappeared and does not work even from the "All programs" Windows Icon.  I followed the HP support advice to Uninstall and download a new HP Support Assistant. The download installation kept going on for at least 2hours before I stopped it because there was obviously something wrong with the download. I repeated the download but the same thing happend again.

Can some in HP help me?

0 Kudos
npw05001
Level 8
2,472 2,431 76 315
Message 6 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello BoyGonz,

I see that you are having problems with the HP support assistant on your HP computer.

Here is a link to the latest version of the support assistant. Try the download from this link and if that doesn't work then remove the support assistant completely from the computer and try and reinstall.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

0 Kudos
wls12
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, this worked great for me as well! I also uninstalled HP Product Detection as when running HP SA, where my computer info should have been, it just said "loading". Anyway, don't know if this had anything to do with the problem but SA seems to be working fine now!
0 Kudos
sarath_rachuri
5 5 0 0
Message 8 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm facing the same problem with Hp support assistant. Microsoft fixit doesnot work on windows 8......what i have to do now

0 Kudos
Dunidar
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 451 1,229
Message 9 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sarath_rachuri

Could we get some additional information so we can assist you? If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. Knowing the system will enable us to provide you with a more direct answer.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please feel free to re-post once you have the required information.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
sarath_rachuri
5 5 0 0
Message 10 of 68
Flag Post
HP Recommended

product name : hp pavilion g6 notebook pc

number : C9M34PA#ACJ

operating system : windows 8.1

Im facing few problems after i have upgraded my system from windows 8 to windows 8.1

1. the fan runs continuously even though the laptop is cool.

2. the wifi button  (f12 key) light is always turned own even i put the laptop in airplane mode

3. the hp support assitant stopped working

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation