Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I dont undestand. How can ı install UEFİ Win10 ? or How can ı enabled secure boot ? or fast boot ? . What do you say ? This reply is not a valid help for my problem. Or I misunderstand. 

HP Recommended

@Lfbr,

It is my understanding that HP computers that were introduced just prior to Windows 8 have limited UEFI support, and that the only UEFI options are the ability to boot from a properly created UEFI boot source and use HP UEFI Diagnostics. Options such as "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot" are only available on computers models that came with Windows 8 or newer installed by HP. These features will not display on any computer manufactured prior to the release of Windows 8.

See the image below from a 2012 Windows 7 HP TouchSmart 320-1120m CTO Desktop showing the "F9" boot options menu (UEFI Diagnostics are available from the pre-BIOS boot menu... ESC and then F#);

UEFI Boot Screen.jpg

See the two images below from a late2013/early Windows 8 2014 HP ENVY 15t-j100 CTO Notebook showing UEFI boot options (UEFI Diagnostics are available from the pre-BIOS boot menu... ESC and then F#);

Sec Boot Legacy Sup.jpg

F9 Boot Menu.jpg

Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 can be installed on a legacy BIOS system in either 32 or 64 bit. Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 can be installed on a pre-Windows 8 UEFI BIOS system in UEFI mode only in 64 bits. Again, you will never have the option for Secure Boot or Fast Boot, but these aren't needed to install these OSes.

The OS must be a 64-bit version to be a valid UEFI boot source. Again, the computer will only show UEFI boot options if boot source was properly created and recognized by the computer. Some computers may not recognize a Windows 7 disc as UEFI capable and you may need to use a USB Flash Drive. Also note that some computers may not recognize a valid UEFI enabled USB Flash drive if it is formated as NTFS and may require a FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive. You should be able to make a FAT32 formatted Windows 7 installation USB Flash drive using RufusUNetbootin, Universal USB Installer, or WiNToBootic. I like Rufus, as it has options for "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer" and "FAT32".

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Me too like rufus 🙂  I already created a usb. But  Neither bios nor boot menu hasn't UEFi option

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.