Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Smart Array P440ar
Linux

Working on a ProLiant DL380 gen9 server (SFF) with a P440ar controller (FW ver 3.00) in slot 0 (embedded RAID) and a P840 controller (FW ver 2.52) in slot 1. I have the P440ar connected to the expanders on the front of the system, and I'm trying to boot RHEL 6.5 off the P840. If no drives are attached to the P440ar, this works, but if any drives are connected to the P440ar, the boot device is not found. I tried to change the boot controller order in RSBU, but the P440ar was the ONLY controller listed. I didn't even have an option to change to the P840.

Am I allowed to configure the system in this manner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After fighting with this for several days, I removed the P840 from the system and booted with just the P440ar. Then I added the P840 back into the system and upon reboot, the system automatically added the P840 to the boot controller order list. Works fine now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HP Enterprise Business Community Support Forum -- DL Servers section.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL​​-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.VjjCDmaFO9I

HP Recommended

After fighting with this for several days, I removed the P840 from the system and booted with just the P440ar. Then I added the P840 back into the system and upon reboot, the system automatically added the P840 to the boot controller order list. Works fine now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.