Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TS 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
It just started today while using the browser and then the internet options disappeared. In device manager it says that "this device cannot start" then shows the code 10. I looked on this forum a few times and can't find the right solution.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome @Zyphelis!

I understand that you are having an issue with the Wi-Fi on your HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook PC and that you have received a Code 10 error in the Device Manager. 

Here is a document for you on the Error Code: 10 in the Device Manager. The document is from Microsoft and it is called This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

Have you tried to directly connect to the Modem/Router? 

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager? Please try the following: 

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand using the + sign next to Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapters.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

Have you tried to Update wireless  network drivers? Please try the following:   

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapter.
  • Click Update Software Driver
  • Restart the Notebook.  

I would like to provide you with a great document called  Troubleshooting Wireless Networks and Internet. This document has step-by-step troubleshooting instructions (including the ones asked in the questions above)  that should help you resolve the issue you are having with the  Wi-Fi. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

You mentioned that you had looked on the forum a few times and could not find the right solution. When we have come to a resolution please click the Accept as Solution button on the post that helped you. This will allow others find the right steps to use if they are experiencing the same issue. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the answers to the questions above. Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) also. 

Don't forget to click the Thumbs Up to show your appreciation. 

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.