Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

tHX

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and switching to legacy does allow me to boot into Win 8.1 on my HP f039wm but if the computer has no power for a few seconds it will do the same thing again.

This originally was a cmos checksum error.  The laptop wouldn't keep time or date correctly so I replaced the cmos battery and everything is still the same.

The first time I booted after cmos battery replacement it showed the checksum error and I set to legacy and booted into 8.1.  I unplugged and let it sit for a few seconds and it now goes straight to the hard drive 030 error.

I have ran the diagnostics and everything passed.  I did the extensive HDD check and that is good it says.

Is it possibly the bios version (latest version F32 from HP site) is the problem?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

HP Recommended

Windows Time and Date errors are so common on Windows 10/8/7, pathetically.  Every Windows stupid 10 minute reboot screws it up at least 75% of the time/ 2-3 times a week.  Go into settings and switchthe internet time provider solves the problem - but just temporarily.

Windows 8 fully supports UEFI and should handle SSD Drives, but often don't.

Ridiculous Windows again.  

I strongly suggest switching to Ubuntu-Gnome Linux, stable and slick, and SECURE, and FAST!!!.  Just an idea.  All linux distros now handle Multi-Core/SSD Drives/ALL Drivers/DUAL-Boot better than Windows

And for Hp dual booting - is easy peasy, so you can keep your crappy Windows.  Here is my cut and paste with Hp Specific Dual Booting Issues and fixes.

Good Luck, Mark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Dual Boot

Linux Problems Solved,

- Just for the sake of helping others ... there is one weird boot Order Issue with MANY HP Laptops/Computers. And from memory the solution is something like this:
... again only with Hp and Windows 10 /. Linux Dual Boot

1/ Simple Workaround, At start hit "ESC" and select F9 For Boot Options, find something with Linux or Ubuntu, select

2/ A permanent Solution to get the GRUB Dual Boot Manager when ONLY Windows Automatically Loads by bi-passing BRUB, ... is:

Startup/ ESC/ F10 (BIOS)/ Find Boot Options/ Click on something like "Windows Loader or Windows Boot Manager, and UNINTUITIVELY it will open up a few options and put Linux or Ubuntu to the TOP/ Save and Exit ....

HP Recommended

Hi! @theaftermath

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you get error Hard Disk - (3F0) BootDevice not found, on your PC.

As you mentioned that the hard drive test passed. But you still get the hard drive error.

It looks like hard drive is about to fail on your PC so you are getting that error.

It has nothing to do with the BIOS.

Refer this document for more information.

Hope you have a great day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I replaced the harddrive and same thing, bios settings won't save once laptop is powered off for a few and when legacy is disabled it won't boot up, it goes to the checksum error and then after reboot it shows the no boot device/hdd error.

When replacing the HDD I noticed the cmos battery was not in the holder and won't stay in.  I put the 2 smaller contacts (positive) on top of the battery and it seems to hold it now but I'm not positive that is how it was or should be.  Looking online at this motherboard, it appears the bottom lip has broken off of that cmos battery holder but my holder doesn't look like it's broken.

Going to double check to make sure the battery is getting a good connection but not sure after that??

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot

Thank you again for your help. 

Faulty cmos battery holder was the cause.

HP Recommended

Feeeww good it was solved! :Wink:

HP Recommended

Hi guys,
this forum did help me! thanks to all of you.

1. So basically I had this trouble in Dec 16. 
     Hard disk error, code 3f1. Can't scan hard disk as well. I put it on service centre and it took 3 weeks to be completed. All my data on harddrive was gone once I its fixed.

2. I got this error once more on Jan 28 17. Code 3f1 and 3f0. its suddenly appear during table mode and charged (quite hot)
     I almost open the back cover (it's still on warranty), lucky my screw driver was broken and only can open 2 screw.

What I did but failed:

1. change legacy boot from disabled to enable --> managed to get verification code but once after enter 4 digit number and enter, error 3f0 again. did change disable to enable back to disable for hours but failed.

2. hard reset laptop

3. load bios default

What I did and succed

1. Go to bios (f10) --> boot options --> disable all boot option (i.e fast boot, usb boot)
    2. enable legacy boot --> then disable legacy boot

3. f10 or save and exit

4. boot to my windows, back to normal.

*didn't do anything with ssd, m.2 seating, cable etc. just bios thingy.

hope helps

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.