cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mkdhanuka
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post

Recovery DVDs show error 0xe0ef000e

HP Recommended

I bought a HP G-62 361TX Notebook PC in October and got a set of 4 recovery DVDs. A few days ago my system was malfunctioning so i decided to recover it to the factory state using those DVDs,so i booted my system using the first DVD and when the recovery manager started i selected th option to restore it to the factory state,it formatted my hard disc and started copying the files. At 27% it asked me for the next DVD, i inserted it and copying started from the second DVD. But at 49%, an error message occured displaying an error code 0xe0ef000e and the system rebooted. After rebbot the system showed Boot Manager Missing.

What is this Problem and how can it be resolved?

Will it be covered under warranty?

Please reply as early as posible, I am facing a lot of problem.

18 REPLIES 18
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 48,626 9,902 16,893
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If your Operating System is Windows 7, try the following process.

Download and create the bootable CD as described on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-80183-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

When you have created this CD, insert it into the system that is unable to boot, restart it and wait until you see a window with a green check mark.  Then remove the CD and insert your first Recovery DVD.  Restart the PC and go through the process of installing the Operating System again.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mkdhanuka
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
if u say i would make the bootable cd but the thing is now also if i try to boot using the first recovery DVD,it boots and again shows the same error at the same place. what should i do?
DavidPK
Level 18
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are further things to try, but first, can you confirm you've created the CD I mentioned in my previous post?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

mkdhanuka
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you David, but i called the HP customer care today morning and said about my problem and they said me that they will send me a new set of recovery discs next week as they are out of stock.so should i try your suggestion or wait for the discs to come. Thank you once again
DavidPK
Level 18
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is certainly no harm in trying the procedure below - it simply wipes the Hard Drive before reinstalling the operating system.  Make sure though, that you have created the bootable CD mentioned in my previous posts - it's on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-80183-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Now try the following process ( don't worry about the name KillDisk as all it does is wipe the Hard Drive ).

Download and install Killdisk on the link below.

http://software.lsoft.net/KillDiskSuiteFree-Setup.exe

Download and install ImgBurn on the link below.

http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html

Go to the Kill Disk application you have installed in All Programs, open the main folder, then select Bootable Disk creators and from that select Bootable DOS CD Creator which will burn the bootable ISO to a blank CD.

During the next process do not worry about any warnings as your Recovery DVDs will reformat and partition the HDD.

Insert this CD in to your PC that is unable to load Windows 7 properly. Shut the PC down, then start it again to boot from the Killdisk CD and follow the on screen instructions for Kill Disk.

A brief description of the process is here Killdisk.

Use this to wipe the whole of the Hard Drive ( f10 ) - ( make sure you include all partitions and then start the process - this may take a couple of hours! ). 

When the drive is wiped, retry the process of first loading the bootable CD you created earlier, insert it into the system that is unable to boot, restart it and wait until you see a window with a green check mark.  Then remove the CD and insert your first Recovery DVD and restart the PC to start installing the Operating System.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HAMSTER-MUTANTE
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey buddy, i had the same problem but i have a hp mini netbook,  when i use the cd that you mentioned, thats ok  because i can see a windows with the green check mark, but the problem is that i can reset it, i tried with ctrl +alt+ sup or esc, but nothing works, include to playing with the boton of power, but if i preset this boton for 5 seconds it turn off.

i supose that the cd works in memory, for that rason is needed to reset.

my question is, how can i reset it?

niddun
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its not working

Tags (1)
HPandMACchick
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay. So my HP Pavilion dv4 hard drive crashed two days ago. Yesterday I bought a new hard drive, installed it into my computer and the very same problem happened to me. I was so scared because I build websites and I didn't want to not have my computer because I do rely on it so much. I made the boot CD that you mentioned, DavidPK, in the post, and so far I have gone through the CD and now I am sitting and watching the motions of the computer and software take effect. It's loading now to Windows 7 Home Premium it says... There is a welcome sign! I can't believe it but I think this will actually work! Thank you so so so so so so so very much. I can't even tell you how happy I am. Well... I never ever ever reply to posts that people write and I created an account, and took the time to thank you. That's how happy I am! I love you dude!!!!

RRI
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got the same issue but my operating system is windows 8.

what you want me to suggest..?

Regards,

Faisal.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation