Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Second post concerning more issues 😞

I updated my Pavilion 15 laptop to Windows 10 and when I try to put it into sleep mode (both closing the laptop and choosing the sleep option), the screen just turns off and the power button light remains on. I would hold the button to turn it off completely, but when I turn it back on again, I seem to have lost all the settings that I have set before that restart. For example, I changed the settings in the Synaptics settings, but when I restart it, it goes back to default settings. This has never happened to me before until I got Windows 10. Any help please?

Anyone else having this issue? 

All help appreciated.

UPDATE:

This worked on my Pavilion 15 and will now go to sleep upon closing the screen and choosing sleep. I don't know if this works for all devices, but it's worth a try. 

- On the Desktop, right-click on This PC and select Properties

- On the left, choose Device Manager

- Click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category

- Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and select Update Driver Software...

- Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software

- Your computer should find and automatically install the updated driver

- After the installation is complete, restart your computer

All credit goes to DanG82 for finding the solution for this problem, thank you. =]

I am also not sure whether restarting still reverts changed settings because of this.

EDIT (8/1/2015): 

It seems the solution above only worked for a small amount of time as other users mentioned and went back to not being to go into sleep mode. This happened to me also. Since there isn't an official solution or working solution that is permanent, all I can say is to wait. :('

UPDATE 2 (9/7/2015)

Sorry for not updating this post a lot earlier i've been busy etc.

as for the sleep problem, it has been fixed (for me that is and most people), but I do not know if it is currently an issue with users still. I honestly do not know the whole procedure on what to do specifically, but all I can say is look at the recent pages of replies and there you will see long messages of ways on what to download, update, fix, etc.

1,323 REPLIES 1,323
HP Recommended

Hi, I Have the same ploblem. I am usingHP Pavilion Laptop and I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 last night. Ever since whenever I set the system to sleep mode I can't get back to the system. I have to hard reset my laptop to start.

Please let me know if any solution available to this.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

even i have the same issue with my laptop it doesnt go to sleep when i shut my flap or choose the option please help.

HP Recommended
Same problem here. I think some HP software is preventing the laptop from going to sleep.
HP Recommended

does any one know the solution to this

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue on my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (x64). To be exact if you do not have any application running in foreground and select "Sleep" in Power menu. It will go to sleep. The Power button led blinks indicating the same an on pressing it i get the login screen. 

However if I have even a single application running Browser/ Word etc. the laptop won't enter sleep mode, neither by selecting "Sleep" nor by letting it run and not using it for a while. The screen goes dark but the power button led is always on. The laptop becomes unresponsive. The only option is to do hard shutdown.

HP Recommended

Getting same issue my Split x2 sleeps it wont wake up have to hold down power button.

Also when it shuts down it wont fully shutdown screen goes off but Wifi light on keybord stays on again have to hold power button down.

Not good HP not good.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. When can we expect a fix? Has anyone figured out how to get around it?

HP Recommended

HP Envy dv7

Having the same problem.   Checked Device Manager and Power Management for all devices and "Allow this device to wake  the computer" is not checked on all devices.

HP Recommended

Same exact issue on my HP Envy x360 after upgrading to Windows 10.  My computer will no longer sleep or shut down -- the screen shuts off but the power remains on (regardless of whether or not any programs or apps were open).  I had no similar issues with Windows 8 or 8.1.

Additionally, the mouse settings will not save across sessions.  When I set the built-in touchpad to disable when an external mouse is attached, that setting resets itself as soon as I restart.  Again, this was not an issue in Windows 8 or 8.1.

Please provide a fix.  Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.