Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This may seem like a stupid question, but where do you go to disable the automatic low light compensation and all of those other settings? I looked in the Cyberlink software and found nothing. Also, does anyone know how to remove the grid/tile like look that the webcam has? I know someone early on mentioned that they found a way to fix it, but didn't say how.

HP Recommended

I just uninstalled cyberlink youcam but it is either the fourth or fifth tab on the right hand side of the video.

The first one is settings, there are rows of different rectangular tabs. If you mouseover the boxes, it should say webcam configuration. It is the fourth one I believe, try to select all the tabs in youcam, you will see it

HP Recommended

Thanks, I just found what you were talking about, it's in the youcam software about fifth down from the top.

HP Recommended

For all my friends who are having problems fixing their webam settings for best performance of HP Truevision HD webcam on HP Pavilioin DV6t Quad Edition Laptops.

The following instructions are for using the YOUCAM software which comes preinstalled with the HP Laptop.

Step 1:

1.jpg

Step 2:

2.jpg

Step 3:

3.jpg

Step 4:

4.jpg

Note: Advanced Users (Or User who still have a low FPS):

Please install a free software yawcam which allows extreme compression and increase the webcam video recording upto 30FPS.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, RobJefferson and sanjeevkafle; Rob for the original answer and sanjeev for theadded visual aid!

Quick note: I found that just ticking the "Auto" box for Exposure and turning off the "Low Light Compensation" - both are under the "Camera Control" tab - will resolve the issue; the other options can be adjusted to your own liking. After turning off the Low Light Compensation, YouCam's display went nearly black for me, but upon restarting the software, I found that the picture readjusted to the light and worked just fine.

Once again, thank yout to RobJefferson and sanjeevkafle. Kudos to both of you.

HP Recommended

Just have to say thank you guys for the in-depth instructions.  I just got my laptop in yesterday and the webcam was lagging pretty badly and honestly, after putting down a little over a grand for this computer, that really was aggravating. 

Now it doesn't lag thanks to you guys, I just need to invest into some better lighting for my bedroom.  Thank you very much!

@Asianesque turning off the ''Low Light Compensation" really got rid of the lag big time, if only I could keep that little box ticked though but no lag comes before brightness to me.

HP Recommended

Thank You very mutch, it solved my problem, and frustrations winth my new HP 😄

HP Recommended

how do i access those settings? the problem with mine is it is pitch black.. sometimes i can see the outline of me in the image.. but its too dark to see anything. 

HP Recommended

HP Low Light Compensation and Exposure settings are full of bugs. My main disappointment was that the two settings have caused blurriness in my video streaming. When I turned of low light compensation, and auto exposure off, this fixed the blurriness.  However, my exposure on the HP dv7-6b63us could only adjust to -3 at the lowest. This is not enough for low light condition. My other laptop could adjust to -1. Also, why does HP default to such bad settings in the first place? It took me hours to figure out this info. I'm disappointed.

HP Recommended

What capture resolutions do you have the youcam set at?  What about on skype?  I have dabbled with the setting and got rid of the mesh netting appearance on the screen but it still seems doesn't appear as clear as my relatives that have different computers.  I was an avid fan of HP and with this new purchase I am thinking I bought a dudd and if I could return it for a different model I would..  It looks like this will be my last HP computer.  Sorry for complaining it is my fault... I just want to set this web cam to be the same as others or better.  It should be better for the amount I paid.  See what loyality gets me...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.