Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP stream 11

I'm trying to repair an HP Stream 11 for someone and I'm running into some issues here.  Basically, the computer won't turn on and the power led blinks three times.  I've done all the reset options that I could find online, and the power brick is working.  The person says she may have dropped it, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it not turning on.  Any idea what the three blinking lights could mean in this case?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Blinking codes means.

1 Blink = CPU not functioning

2 Blinks

- The notebook may load if given enough time.

- If the Notebook starts to load attempt to boot to BIOS by repeatedly press the ESC key until Start Menu appears. Press F10 Key to enter BIOS Setup

>Did the notebook start?

- Yes. The notebook started

-No. The notebook did not start. At this time it appears that the BIOS is corrupted.

3 Blinks = Ram Module Error

4 Blinks = Graphics Card Failure

5 Blinks = Hardware failure

6 Blinks = BIOS Authentication failure

Hope this helps.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm not sure if this document pertains to the Stream 11 but it indicates that 3 blinking lights points to a memory failure although I noticed this if for the Caps Lock/Num Lock LED and not the battery LED:

LEDs blink 3 times
Memory
Module error not functional
HP Recommended

Hi,

Blinking codes means.

1 Blink = CPU not functioning

2 Blinks

- The notebook may load if given enough time.

- If the Notebook starts to load attempt to boot to BIOS by repeatedly press the ESC key until Start Menu appears. Press F10 Key to enter BIOS Setup

>Did the notebook start?

- Yes. The notebook started

-No. The notebook did not start. At this time it appears that the BIOS is corrupted.

3 Blinks = Ram Module Error

4 Blinks = Graphics Card Failure

5 Blinks = Hardware failure

6 Blinks = BIOS Authentication failure

Hope this helps.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Well, from what I've found, the ram is embedded, so that's not fixable.  Thanks though.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.