Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-1150US
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Infinity screen seperated (broken) causing laptop to be sensitive to touch. The slightest movement powers the unit off. Starts and restarts every use. New HP computer ordered last week but need to start this old laptop at least another time or two. The last sucessful start was last week, using repair (recommended) but now it gets to that same screen, then blinks to blue screen and goes through a process that ends with 'windows cannot repair the computer automatically". Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HPdv7-1150

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have a new HP Pavilion dv7-1150us Entertainment Notebook and read that the infinity screen is separated (broken) causing the laptop to be sensitive to touch. The slightest movement causes the laptop to power off and then restarts again. Not to worry, I have a suggestion for you.

I recommend you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware repair options for your HP laptop. This is purely a hardware issue with the laptop and needs to be checked at the repair center.

Please feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Sorry I was not clear. I have an old Pavillion (Windows Vista 64) that "windows cannot repair the computer automatically. I talked with HP Tech support last week and they recommended a new Pavilion which I purchased that day. My old Pasvilion is the computer I need to repair and start so I can make sure the computer is clear of files, information, etc. 

HP Recommended

@HPdv7-1150,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to repair your old computer.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

As the old computer is obsolete, there may not be any repair options.

However, you may follow the link to troubleshoot the issue: http://hp.care/2qbpHjv

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.